My second cookbook is almost out!! I feel like I worked on it ages ago, so it’s crazy that it will finally be real soon. An actual book with gorgeous pictures, amazing artwork, and delicious recipes. Remember when I wrote my first cookbook way back when? It was so exciting because I had the opportunity to put many of my already created recipes onto print, which was what many of my readers had asked for. But this is even more exciting. Because I wrote this second cookbook, The Paleo Kitchen, with George of Civilized Caveman AND we created over 100 brand new recipes for the book.
The recipes in our new cookbook range from breakfast ideas, to entrees of all different flavors like Giant Italian Meatballs and Mongolian Beef with Rice, to decadent desserts. The cookbook also has helpful information such as seasonal fruit and veggie lists, how to stock your kitchen, and so much more. We wanted each and every person to use this book, whether you’re a novice or expert when it comes to eating paleo, this book has something new and exciting for anyone who sees it.
I thought this would be a perfect recipe to share since grilling season is just around the corner. So try it out, let us know what you think, and if you love it, head over to The Paleo Kitchen and preorder your book before it comes out June 10th! Then you will have the book in your hands before you know it!! Eeeeek can’t wait for you guys to see it!!
I keep forgetting to share this! Remember when we did our huge giveaway for an all inclusive trip for two to San Diego to celebrate our book?? Welllll, we randomly chose a winner and she has already been notified. But I wanted everyone to know that her name is Alexis R and she is super excited about the trip!
Last but not least, I can’t believe it’s almost over! Only 3 days left for the Primal Life Kit!! Remember that’s over 49 paleo products such as cookbooks like Well Fed 2 and 30 Paleo Dessert Recipes for only $39! That is a $1500 deal for 97% off! Pretty damn rad. Don’t miss it! Get it here before it’s no more!!
- 1 pound (455 grams) ground beef
- ¼ medium red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled
- ½ cup (100 grams) coconut oil, melted
- sliced red onions
- ¾ cup (180 mL) Avocado Mousse (this will be released in our cookbook) – For now mashed avocado will be just as good!
- romaine hearts
- shoestring parsnip fries (from above)
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the burgers without overworking the meat.
- Divide meat into 3 equal portions and form into ½-inch (12-mm)-thick patties. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each burger. Set aside.
- Using a spiral slicer or julienne slicer, cut the parsnips into strings.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat, and preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Once grill is hot, place the burgers on the grill and close the lid. Cook 6 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, add the coconut oil to the saucepan. Test the oil by placing one parsnip shoestring in the oil to ensure the oil bubbles. Add the parsnips to the oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. When the parsnips finish cooking, place them on a paper towel−lined plate to drain.
- Flip the burgers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare, or until desired doneness. Remove the burgers from grill and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
- To assemble the burgers, place each on a bed of lettuce and top with sliced red onions, ¼ cup (60 mL) avocado mousse, and parsnip fries.