It’s so hot. Like, so so hot. I’m so uncomfortable. My knee pits are sweating. And please don’t tell me I don’t know hot because I don’t live in a state with humidity. I know that. But I’ve lived in Colorado my entire life and I know its heat, I’ve bonded with it…and the heat going on right now is not normal Colorado heat. It’s hell’s heat. And we have leather couches. Leather freaking couches. Do you know what it’s like to have my size thighs on leather couches?! That’s a large surface area to cover. Just imagine the amount of sweat that’s left behind on that couch. After I’ve been sitting on it for hours with a hot ass computer on top of me. In my underwear. With the doors open. I have no shame at this point. I lost my shame when the temperature hit 100 degrees.
I’ve especially lost most of my shame at the gym. My shirt stays on for a good 30 seconds. As soon as the warm up even begins, my shirt comes off. I know it’s not the best looking nor do most people want to see all that jazz going on, but I don’t care. Running yesterday in the 104 degree sun was like running through fire. I run funny already, which I was reminded of yesterday, so running in the heat made my feet feel like they were going to burn off. I’m just complaining at this point. I’m a grumpy tonight. It’s that time of the month. My b. I’m over it. I love heat. I love sweating. I love all things related to being uncomfortable. Like how you guys feel when I talk about being on my monthly gift. I love that.
Guess what I got for you guys!? Well, nothing. But I do have something for you all to read if you’re bored at work. It’s my latest post for Again Faster! It’s called ‘Use Your Damn Brain‘. I talk about using your brain and stuff. Mostly related to lifting, but you could use it in life in general. I’m going to take my own advice and use my brain to rethink complaining about the heat, and working out in the heat, and cooking in the heat. I mean, I have converted to only consuming smoothies at this point in my life anyways. It’s too hot for meat. Things are looking up!! Who doesn’t love smoothies?! Dummies, that’s who. Gosh I’m turning my frown upside down!
So this recipe is a spin off the normal bbq potato salad…BUUUUUUT nothing like it really. It’s just something I personally think tastes delicious and you can do it all on the grill. Thank gosh. Especially if you live in Colorado. So I thought this recipe was better warm, but you may think differently. Decide yourself. You make your own destiny you paleo butterfly you.
- 2 sweet potatoes or yams, cut into 1/4 inch strips lengthwise
- 2 poblano peppers, stem and seeds removed, cut in half lengthwise
For the dressing
- Turn on grill.
- Once grill is hot, place your sweet potatoes and poblanos directly on grill.
- Keep an eye on the veggies because they will burn easily. After about 5-8 minutes or until sweet potatoes and poblanos have grill marks on one side, flip them. The poblanos will cook quicker at need less time on the grill.
- While your veggies are cooking, whisk together dressing ingredients, tossing in the pumpkin seeds at the end.
- When veggies are done cooking, let cool for a couple minutes then dice them on up!
- Toss sweet potatoes and poblanos in your dressing and serve!
- Oh wait, turn grill off! Safety first.
Vegetarian / Veggies