Posted by https://paleomg.com/asian-peanut-sauce-noodle-bowl/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Asian "Peanut" Sauce Noodle Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium zucchinis, spiral sliced into noodles then patted dry with paper towels for 10 minutes to soak up excess water (I used a Paderno Spiral Slicer)
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or gluten free soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (or sriracha)
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- cashews, to garnish
- In a large dutch oven or high rimmed sauté pan over medium-high heat, add ground pork, onion, red bell pepper and garlic cloves.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up meat and cook down. Add a bit of salt and pepper along ¼ tablespoon of red pepper flakes. Mix well and cook until no pink remains in the meat.
- Once meat is cooked through, add spiral sliced zucchini noodles to the meat and cook on low for 5 minutes, mixing the noodles into the pork mixture. After 5 minutes, reduce heat to low.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add coconut milk, sunflower seed butter, coconut aminos, chili sauce, lime juice, ¼ tablespoon red pepper flakes, and a bit of salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Once sauce is smooth, reduce heat to low and let thicken for about 5 minutes.
- After sauce has reduced, pour sauce on noodle and pork mixture and mix well to combine.
- Serve noodle bowls with fresh cilantro and cashews garnished on top.