Wtf. July 4th is THIS weekend? This freaking weekend? Ugh. What the hell. That means summer is pretty much almost over. Remember when you were a little kid and would almost get sick of summer and want school to start back up again? Or was that just me? It makes absolutely no sense that I wanted to go back to school because I freaking hated school. Let’s just say I was good at getting suspended. But now as an adult, summer flies by without doing a single thing that’s fun. All I’ve done so far is hate our sprinkler guy and buy a new rug. I’m officially old.
Did you watch The Bachelorette last night? Can we talk about Ben Z. being gone? Nooooooooooo. Ben Z, I love you. Who am I kidding, he has about 1000 girls jumping his bones now that he got kicked off. Don’t you be a slut, Ben Z. DON’T DO IT! You’re better than that. Man, that Chris guy can really cry. Poor kid. I want to put him in a little ball and run my fingers through his hair while singing him a lullaby. JJ also admitted he cheated on his ex-wife. Was anyone surprised by that? Answer: no.
Speaking of stressful, so get this. The other day I was working from home, doing the damn thing, making some recipes for you, and I get a knock at the door. This happens regularly when UPS or Fedex is dropping something off, so I thought nothing of it and opened the door too quickly. Well a guy was standing there and starts up with this great speech about being in this non-profit organization to help past criminals create income for themselves and start their lives back over. And man, do I love an inspiring story. So he talks and talk and talks and asks if I will help him with his future and purchase magazines. Of course, I don’t want a damn magazine, I have the internet and I’m sure as sh*t not giving him my credit card. But he keeps asking, “Will you help me with my future?” So I give in and hand him $10. He immediately walks away, no thank you or anything, and I am upset with my decision right away. Mostly my decision to open the door. Turns out, after telling my neighbor and friend about this the next day, that this has happened to multiple people in the neighborhood, some even being robbed in broad daylight! It’s so frustrating knowing that I was an idiot and trusted someone for 2 seconds and it could have totally screwed me over. What if he comes back knowing I’m a sucker? Damn this bastard. I hate bad people.
Let’s talk about good people, now. We need a little pick-me-up. Let’s talk about something big. No wait, HUGE. My friends Bill and Hayley of Primal Palate, the amazing photographers who shot all the photos in my new book, have come out with their own spice and spice blend line! After busting their butts to find the best quality spices on the market, they have put together certified USDA-Organic, certified gluten-free, Kosher, Non-GMO, and Non-Irradiated spices that taste better than anything else on the market. They have two different sets to choose from including their Healing Pack which includes garlic, ginger, oregano, and turmeric and their Signature Blends that includes Adobo Seasoning, Meat and Potatoes Seasoning, and Barbecue Rub. Or you can get all of them in their combo pack.
They begin shipping their spice line come July 15th, which is just around the corner, so you can preorder yours today! The spice rub that I seriously squealed about when I opened the package was their Meat and Potatoes spice blend. It.Is.Amazing. And I have never ever thought that about any spice I’ve tried. But this stuff is off the hook. I put it on sweet potatoes, on chicken, on burgers, on broccoli. You could literally eat it off the spoon and still be in love with it. It’s a must have! Preorder today and support some of the hardest working, kindest people I know!
For the marinade
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 pound hanger steak (or strip or skirt steak)
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the salad
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade. Place steak in a shallow bowl or in a ziploc bag and pour marinade on top. Mix to coat, cover, and place in refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, overnight is best.
- While meat marinates, place all ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, except for the olive oil, and whisk. While continuously whisking, pour olive oil in the bowl and whisk until completely combine. Set aside in a closed container in the fridge until needed.
- Once meat has marinated, place a grill pan over medium-high heat (you can also do this on a grill, i just don't have one right now) and once the pan is hot, place meat on top to cook for 6 minutes per side (depending how thick your steak is), until medium rare in the middle. Set aside and cover with foil to let rest.
- On that same hot pan, add 2 tablespoons of ghee along with the shiitake mushrooms, sprinkle them with salt, pepper, ginger and garlic and sauté until soft and cooked through.
- Now to make the salad: place greens and cucumber in a large bowl, pour desired amount of dressing on top and toss to coat. Then thinly slice the steak against the grain, place on top of greens along with some thinly sliced pear and some cilantro. Then eat up!!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Beef / Salads / Veggies