Yesssssss. We booked our trip to Costa Rica! I told you earlier this week that this year was going to be all about travel and I wasn’t lying. As soon as an amazing reader emailed me to tell me about a cool place I might like in Costa Rica, we said f*ck it, and just booked it! We’ll figure out the other details later. For now, we have a trip booked to force us to go on vacation. I asked Brian if we could book another trip for earlier in the year and he told me to pump the breaks. So I’ll just book some trip with my girlfriends instead. I have Austin then Vegas coming up and I still need to book a trip to Portland and Washington.
Ew, it’s suppose to snow in Colorado this weekend. Colorado, I hate you right now. I have new dresses to wear and you’re REALLY CRAMPING MY STYLE!
So you guys, I’m mad at myself. I had braces for a year back in middle school. I wore my retainer for years and also had a metal retainer glued into my bottom teeth. But 4 years ago when I first started dating Brian, my bottom retainer broke and fell out then I stopped wearing my nightly retainer because I was spending the night at his house and not wanting the slurp my spit filled retainer in right before we went to sleep. So you know what happened? My teeth moved. Who woulda thought? So now my teeth keep moving (I can seriously feel them moving together) and I’m not happy with it. And I think I’m ready to get Invisalign. But not that actual brand, trying to find someone who will do the off brand that’s way cheaper. It’s just crazy how expensive it is no matter what brand you use. Why did I have to stop wearing my retainer like a real d*ck!?
Have any of you guys had to do this? I had a friend who did it this year and said it was totally worth it. I just know my teeth will keep moving and get worse over time so I might as well deal with the issue now and fix it before all the money my parents spent on braces goes completely to waste.
For the dressing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar or coconut vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
For the salad
- head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2-3 mandarin oranges, peeled
- 1 package of cole slaw mix (carrots, red cabbage, green cabbage)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
For the salmon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a jar, close and shake well. Place in the fridge while you finish the rest of the salad.
- Add all ingredients for the salad in a large serving bowl then set aside.
- Lastly, mix together sriracha and honey. Place salmon filets on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Then use a brush to brush on the sriracha/honey mixture onto all the filets. Place in oven to bake for 8-10 minutes (this will depend on the thickness of your filets) to cook until medium.
- To make salad: pour dressing onto salad (whatever amount you prefer) and toss, top with salmon, green onions, sliced almonds and black sesame seeds. Easy as that!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!