Sometimes I don’t want to eat leftovers for breakfast. Shocker, I know. As you’ve heard, I live out of Tupperware. It’s like my weird smelling friend that follows me everywhere. But sometimes I lose my friend. And when I lose it, I stress out. How do I lose freakin Tupperware? It’s bulky, usually smells weird because it’s been sitting in my hot car all day, and where the hell would it run off to? I don’t get it. I don’t know why the hell i’m talking about Tupperware guys. Anyways, when I don’t have to pack breakfast in Tupperware and actually have time to cook a hot breakfast, I get a little wild.
This is what those wonderful mornings look like:
- I make coffee. Duh. Life is stupid without it.
- I chat with Laura about our love lives (or lack there of), then usually sing a tune to her. She enjoys it.
- I then turn on some sort of music, prance around smiling, add some kind of meat to a pan, and while bacon grease pops everywhere, I prance more while sipping my coffee with coconut milk in it. Content Juli at it’s finest.
- I then eat in front of my computer, updating myself on life via fbook and myspace. Kidding, I don’t have a myspace at this point in my life. I used to LOVE myspace. I’ve moved on though. Or I eat in the bathroom. No, not on the toilet you sicko. I set my food on the sink and try to use one hand to masara my lashes while the other hand feeds my pie hole.
- You’re jealous of my mornings, aren’t you? You should be.
- Pull out a medium-large size mixing bowl. Add your ground beef and seasonings to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form the sliders into 6-8 small patties.
- Lie your half slices of bacon down in sets of two so they form an X. Place slider in the middle of the X and wrap the bacon around it. It's greasy enough, it won't move. If you are using duck fat, plop a teaspoon in the middle of the slider before you wrap it with bacon. I wanted extra fat, ok??
- Heat up a large skillet under medium-high heat. Place sliders in the hot pan and cook for about 4-6 minutes per side, or depending how rare-well done you like them cooked.
- Eat your breakfast sliders over some mixed greens while you sip your coffee with coconut milk, all while on the front porch. Fabulous.
Grocery List Helper:
- Grass Fed Beef: on sale for $2.99/lb at Sunflower Market
- Bacon: nitrate free- bought at Sunflower Market
Beef / Pork