I want to talk about acne. Mostly because it’s pissing me off and if I complain to my friends, they just get mad. So I write in my diary instead. Aka, my blog.
Acne is stupid. And no, nothing has worked. I thought long and hard about going to a naturopath, but I just can’t afford that. I spent my money on more fun things, like trips to exotic places. Instead, I choose to try to ignore the acne since there seems to be nothing I can do about. The acne is all on my jaw line now, meaning it mostly has to do with my hormones. And since I stopped lifting heavy and CrossFitting multiple times a day, my hormones have started to calm down. I’ve lost weight, my body is remembering it’s feminine, and my cystic acne has calmed A BIT. I emphasize a bit, because it’s not much. I posted this picture below the other day and people thought my face looked great. Little do they know, I have makeup on that smudges off on EVERYTHING. Like, seriously, everything. It’s disgusting. I’m astonished I have a boyfriend that will put up with that. Poor man. But I wanted to show you that I still do have plenty of acne. I’ve obviously just good at makeup, good lighting, and well, contorting my face to look like I have none. Meaning, make myself look like an idiot.
It’s like a fun house up in here.
So in conclusion, my acne is not really getting better. I just wanted this to be clear since I haven’t talked about it as much anymore. I’m trying to put my energy of hatred for my skin into other things. Like, oh I don’t know, just being happy. And loving other people. And supporting my friends.
Speaking of supporting my friends, I need your help in supporting one of my blogging friends. If you haven’t read Nom Nom Paleo, I don’t know what you’ve been doing with your extra time. Michelle is awesome, has delicious recipes, and amazing pictures to boot. She also part of a contest for Cook Taste Eat. She is in 1st place right now, but her 2nd place contender is right behind her. So do me a favor and support this amazing paleo blogger. Please vote for her Mexican Pot de Crème recipe by March 8th! The steps are kinda weird, but you can’t fail if you follow these simple directions:
1) Click this link: http://bit.ly/14bhNU2
2) Click “Like” on the top right of Page (you can unlike after the whole process is done)
3) Click “Vote”
4) Install “Offerpop App” (you can easily uninstall after if you choose)
5) Click “Vote” again
6) Share this post with your pals
If you do this, you are getting the name of an amazing paleo blogger out there and supporting all of us. And then I’ll love you.
I think I’m going to make a dessert for tomorrow’s post. Michelle inspired me. And being that it’s Friday, that means it’s chocolate and wine day.
PS- my boyfriend thought these tortillas tasted like pancakes. Relationships are hard. Sometimes you just must agree to disagree. And that’s that.
For the “tortillas”
For the shredded pork
For the toppings
- First, this recipe will start in the crockpot.
- Add short ribs to the crockpot. Pour maple syrup on top of them, along with garlic powder and salt. (I didn't put any liquid in the crockpot because the fat will leak out and protect it from burning)
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When you wake up the next day, remove the pork ribs from the crockpot, shred them and pour some of the excess liquid from the crockpot over the shredded pork for extra flavor.
- Now make the tortillas. In a medium bowl, whisk together the tortilla ingredients until smooth.
- Place a large skilletover medium-high heat, pour ingredients into the pan to create a pancake size tortilla. I would pour on the liquid, pick up the skillet to roll it around and flatten out the tortilla even more. Cook on both sides for just about a minute per side.
- Once all your tortillas are done (this made about 8-10 tortillas for me), place bacon on the skillet or oven to cook on both sides, cool then roughly chop.
- Then mix together the green chiles and hot sauce in a bowl, place in microwave for 1:30-2:00 minutes or until hot. And then chop the green chiles.
- Now load up each tortilla. Shredded pork, green chiles, bacon, then green onions. Then eat it.
- Happy times.
It’s always Taco Tuesday:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Breakfast / Crockpot / Pork