Cherry Shallot Pork Tenderloin
Let’s talk about what’s important here…The Bachelorette and the super boring 2 hour episode this week. What is crazy is they edited it to be the most interesting episode they could, and it still sucked. The dates were lame, the drama was lame, the make outs were lame. Nothing was that fun about the 2 hours I wasted my life staring at the tv. JJ proved that he is a 13 year old, hormone-crazed female teenager when he threw Clint under the bus then quickly cried about it. I wish I knew the whole story because if that’s it, that was weird as f*ck.
Remember when The Bachelor and Bachelorette had normal dates like dinner and cocktails and hot tubs? Now it’s like the network is just trying to outdo themselves and make everyone as uncomfortable as possible, including the viewers. I don’t want to watch 6 uncomfortable men try to sing Aladdin. And no, I don’t want to see 6 more men rap battle to win a women’s heart. When in the history of time has a man had to rap battle to win a women’s heart?!? WHEN? Other than Eminem in 8 mile rapping in hopes of doing Brittany Murphy in a warehouse in 8 mile. Stop these terrible dates, try just speaking to the guys instead! This is probably why all relationships fail after the show ends, because they end up having to talk and the couples are like, “WHAAAAAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!?”
So Nick from Andi’s season decided that one devastating blow on television wasn’t enough and that he would like to take a crack at it again. Here’s the thing about Nick, he combs the sides of his hair forward while swirling the top like Justin Timberlake circa 1996. Anyone who styles their hair like that cannot be trusted. All girls should know this. How he has talked 2 attractive girls and a television network into thinking he is attractive and worthy of tv, makes absolutely no sense to me. So now Nick is moving in and we are destined to see his terrible haircut for multiple weeks and wonder why he frequently wears sweaters with scarves. Ugh, the misery.
The poor 2 guys who had the one-on-one dates just never had a chance. Jared needs to shave his pubescent facial hair and I’m pretty sure that’s all Kaitlyn thought about during her date…and taking off Nick’s sweaters in the fantasy sweet. And poor Cupcake is just destined to not make it onto many more episodes. She mostly kissed him like you kiss a family members, you don’t want to do it, but you do it so your mom doesn’t get mad. The mom in this situation is ABC network furrrrr sureeeeee.Print
Cherry Shallot Pork Tenderloin
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 pork tenderloin (1–1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons Tin Star Ghee
For the cherry shallot mixture
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of himalayan salt
- dried parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat tenderloin dry then sprinkle with salt, garlic powder and paprika to coat on all sides.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee. Once the ghee begins to glisten and is very hot, place tenderloin in the pan to sear on all sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Once seared on all sides, place in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees. Remove from oven, cover with foil and let rest for no more than 5 minutes.
- While tenderloin is in the oven cooking, place a medium sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee along with garlic, shallot and cherries. Toss and let cook for about 8 minutes, frequently tossing to keep from sticking. Then add water, maple syrup and salt and let cook for another 3-4 minutes until water has reduced down and thickened.
- Slice tenderloin and top with cherry mixture. Garnish with a bit of dried parsley.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!