I know the name of the recipe sucks. I know, ok. But I promise it’s way more exciting to the taste buds than you think. And SUPER filling.
I’m getting realllllll excited, guys. Real excited. My second cookbook, The Paleo Kitchen, is super close to release date! If you haven’t already preordered the book, do it now while it’s super cheap and then the book will ship out to you come June 10th. But wait, even though I’m really excited for that, I’m even more excited about the book tour. We are still finalizing dates, places, and times, but I know I will be having a book release party on June 10th, in Denver then heading up the west coast. I’ll have final details next week and I’ll be sure to send out an email with locked in dates. Be sure to sign up for my emails so you’ll know right away! Wait wait, let’s be realistic…I’m way more excited about picking out outfits for the trip. I may or may not be shopping today. Meaning, I definitely am.
Let’s entertain ourselves on this Friday. I can’t tell you how many times I watched this video. Watch this now. DO IT. I laughed so hard, I cried. True story.
So I have yet another wedding this weekend. Four weddings this summer, and this is the second. This is one of the boyfriend’s friends, but I still know a ton of the people there, which will be fun. AND, the cabins allow dogs. So we get to take Jackson with us. Meaning I probably won’t want to go to the reception because I’ll just want to play with him the whole time. He’s just the greatest. He has pretty much learned to not pee in the house anymore, which makes me like him a lot more. What sucks now is that our carpet is TOTALLY stained. Wtf is that? Who sells a carpet cleaner that stains the carpet? That literally makes zero sense. So now that he has stopped being an asshole, I need to get one of those carpet cleaners to pull out the stains. Dumb. Carpet is so gross. I have sworn to never have carpet again after this apartment. It may feel good on your toes, but your toes are just squishing in creepy things. Meaning mine. Just a fact.
Ok, I gotta shop. Now go do something fun with your weekend.
- 4 pieces of bacon, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 1.5 pounds chicken, cut into 1 inch cubes (I used skinless, boneless breasts)
- 1 (14 ounce) can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans of diced green chiles
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (use a shredding attachment on a food processor to rice the cauliflower)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, to garnish
- green onions, to garnish
- Place a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add pieces of bacon and cook until crispy then remove and set aside on paper towel. Remove some of the bacon fat from the pot if needed, leaving behind about 3-4 tablespoons.
- Add garlic cloves, yellow onion and chicken. Sprinkle with a bit of salt. Cook until chicken is almost cooked through. Then add diced tomatoes, green chiles and cauliflower and mix well. Add a good amount of salt (the cauliflower will soak up a lot) then add chili powder and red pepper flakes. Mix well, place heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When done simmering, mix in bacon pieces into the rice mixture.
- Place in bowl, garnish with a bit of salt and pepper, avocado and green onions.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Veggies