These are, hands down, the best waffles I’ve made so far. If I could rate my own recipes, I’d seriously give these waffles 28 stars. I couldn’t stop eating them! And it was great since I made them for Laura but she could only eat half of one because she thought they were so rich sooooooo I got to eat all of them. That butt be growin’!!
So Tuesdays are my day off. That means I usually do laundry, cook a couple meals for the week and try to clean my kitchen that I will just get dirty within 30 minutes of cleaning it. It’s frustrating. A never ending dirty kitchen is dumb. Is it selfish to want a boyfriend strictly for helping me with dishes? I mean, I would do the cooking every night…isn’t that fair to have someone just wash the dishes?! I’d be down to kiss the person as well. A makeout session AND dinner. Why the hell wouldn’t my imaginary boyfriend do the damn dishes? This paragraph is pointless.
Guess what I’m doing this weekend? Well, other than playing in the park with my friends from CrossFit Broadway then most likely going out dancing once again on Saturday in hopes of dancing with the great gay guy who spun me around the dance floor…I’ll be working at a Health Fair at CrossFit Eminence! Can you say run-on sentence? Yes, yes you can. CrossFit Eminence will be holding a health fair this Saturday May 19th from 8am-3pm which will have all kinds of fun info and stuff to do. Like the Body Fat Truck. That’s what I’m going to do with my Saturday. Get in the body fat thing-a-ding and cry for the rest of the afternoon. I’M KIDDING, jesus. It might be cool to find out how much fat is hanging out around my lower section of my body. Ew.
I hear they also will have a dunk tank. I feel very neutral about that. Neutral meaning not good. If someone tries to get me to go in the dunk tank, I will absolutely not act like it’s funny nor play along. B*tch mode. Does that make me a bad person? Kind of. But me without make up on is scary. And the last thing I want to do is dunk my head under water then have people frightened of me and not check out my website. F*ck you acne. You’re mean. You make me look like a bad person.
Anywho, if you have any free time on Saturday, come to CrossFit Eminence between 8am and 3pm for all kinds of stuff to make you a healthier person. I will also be doing a giveaway with treats and apparel! Don’t miss out! Maybe you can go in the dunk tank for me?! YES? Cool. You’re awesome. Whoever you are.Print
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1.5 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or raw honey (some kind of sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Plug in your waffle iron. You don’t have a waffle iron? Why? Because it’s the most pointless tool in the kitchen and takes up a balls ton of room? True. But buy one. Waffles are awesome.
- Whisk your eggs in a medium-large sized bowl.
- Add your coconut milk and sweetener and whisk together with eggs.
- Next add your almond flour and mix more!
- Then add your cocoa powder baking soda and mix together.
- Lastly, add in your chocolate chips, vanilla, salt and cinnamon. Mix together thoroughly.
- Pour into your waffle iron and cooking until cooked through. It took about 4-5 minutes for mine to cook through and crisp up.
1. I have no idea if these will work as pancakes.
2. Roasted, unsalted almonds were on sale so I just made my own almond meal in a food processor. Meaning I threw the almonds in a food processor and turned in on for 30 seconds. Ta dah! Almond meal. Easy peasy, cheap and squeezy.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!