Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sugar Coated Donuts
No, this recipe does not have peanut butter in it. No, this recipe does not have white cane sugar on it. Yes, the recipe title is very deceiving. No, I don’t care. It sounds more fun if I use naughty words. Unsweetened cocoa powder sunbutter banana date sugar and coconut crystal coated donuts just doesn’t seem to have the same ring to it.
So something real real exciting happened this weekend. I mean, REAL exciting. I got to meet 3 fellow paleo bloggers. THREE!!! Michelle from NomNom Paleo, Melissa from Well Fed Cookbook and The Clothes Make the Girl, and Holly from Holly Would if she Could. Freaking awesome line up huh? Yeah, it was pretty amazing. But the day didn’t start off so amazing. Let’s go through the day of good ole Saturday.
So I woke up early, actually showered, shaved my armpits, the whole nine. And I even got on the road early with an almond milk latte in hand. It was a great drive…until I got to Estes Park (where the conference was), that’s when things got out of control. I got to Estes Park at 9:10, had 20 minutes to find the YMCA which was probably less than 10 minutes away annnnnnnd I didn’t find it until 10:15. 10:15 PEOPLE!! And please understand something about Estes Park, it’s not big. It’s not big at all. Actually, it’s really damn small. And I somehow still proceeded on to get more and more lost. And the more lost I got, the more frustrated I got. And the more I shook the steering wheel (Office Space style) and teared up. Yep, teared up. I don’t get mad, I just get real sad. It wasn’t until a guy pulled over and asked if I was lost. And showed me that I literally needed to drive up the street. Since everyone seemed to make it on time and have no trouble, I think I may just be a complete idiot. There’s no better answer.
So once I got there, I interrupted Melissa’s presentation, made more noise than needed with my heeled boots and took my seat at the front. Nice Juli, nice. And once I went to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror and noticed my black bra was doing a great job of showing through my green shirt. So classy. That’s exactly how I wanted to introduce myself to my favorite bloggers. “Hi there, I’m Juli. I like to dress like a whore. So great to meet you.”
After I got over the fact that my bra would be showing through my shirt the entire day, I relaxed and took it all in. It was super interesting to hear all of their different viewpoints on paleo and how they incorporated them into their own lifestyle. Mel had her thyroid removed. Holly has lost over 100lbs. And Michelle has two little boys to feed, and a cool freaking husband as well. They all had different stories, different backgrounds, and different beliefs that they had to share with us. But the coolest part of it all is that all three of them are INCREDIBLY down to earth. They all made us laugh. They all made us smile. And they all gave us some kind of tool to take with us to make our paleo experiences better.
If you ever have the opportunity to go to a paleo conference in your area or somewhere near you…GO! It doesn’t matter if you know everything about paleo or absolutely nothing, it was SO much fun and I was lucky enough to meet a ton of incredibly awesome people!Print
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Sugar Coated Donuts
- Yield: 6 1x
For the donuts
- 1 banana
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup sunbutter (or nut butter)
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 heaping tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon coconut oil (mine was not melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the toppings
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your donut pan.
- Place your banana, dates, sunbutter, and honey in the food processor or blender and puree down until soupy.
- Then add your eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract and puree down even more, scraping the sides of the food processor/blender as needed.
- Place your coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and mix together.
- Pour your food processor/blender mixture into your dry mixture and mix together until it’s completely combined.
- Pour in your donut pan. My mixture made 6 donuts exactly.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the little guys push back when you poke them.
- Let cool.
- Mix together your honey and coconut oil in one bowl (place in microwave to melt if needed), and your date sugar and coconut sugar in another bowl.
- Once donuts have cooled, use a basting brush (or whatever you like to call yours) to spread on a thing layer of your coconut oil and honey, then cover your donuts with the sugar. I placed my donuts into the sugar, then flipped it over and sprinkled it on all sides.
- Eat em up!! Holy moly, that’s food beauty right there.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!