SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Chorizo Rice Bowls
You guys, this blog post is really hard to write because I’m currently lying flat in bed. I got bamboozled last night. Meaning I got food poisoned from the most popular restaurant in Cabo. We got home last night and my body quickly started to ache then I got the chills, then you can figure out what happened after that. I actually feel way better this morning but sitting up still hurts. My husband is making his way to the lobby to find me some over priced ibuprofen. And I NEVER take ibuprofen. I probably take it once a year and today is that day. It feels like a bus hit me. As our cab driver drove us to Flora Farms last night, he kept telling us that the food is better at Acre next door, but we stuck with our Flora Farms plans…and now I have regrets. Never again!!!
My husband and I had some big plans for today that I don’t really see happening now. We were going to work out, play the short course (that’s the only golf I can get behind), hang out at the pool, then meet our friends at the marina. I’m hoping I can get my life together by the afternoon to see our friends because right now I’m barely holding on. The only thing that I can get behind right now is a gluten free cinnamon roll and I have a feeling that will be hard to come by here in Mexico. I’ll just eat my Larabar instead. Totally the same. Not disappointing at all.
Anywho, you’re going to see more and more bowls on the blog. I’ve been super into bowls loaded with veggies and sometimes a protein. It’s just the easiest and tastiest way to extra veggies in without really thinking about it. It usually means one extra dish to clean, but I promise you it’s worth it!
Now before I let you go, I need you to answer this question for me – why do professional athletes always travel with crews? There is an NFL player on the same property as us and every time I see him, he has at least 4 or 5 giant dudes around him at all times. What’s up with that? Having 5 people around me at all times sounds like my nightmare. Riddle me that while I go back to sleep. Kthanksloveyoubyeeeeeee.
Chorizo Rice Bowls
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 1 1/2 pounds chorizo
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 2 cups baby kale
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For the cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 24 ounces cauliflower rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
For the plantains
- 2 brown plantains, peeled and cut in 1” slices
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- coconut oil spray
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- avocado slices
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat then add chorizo, break apart into small pieces, and cook until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the chorizo and leave behind about 2 tablespoons worth of rendered fat. Add bell peppers and onion and cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Then add garlic, salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes. Then add chorizo to the pepper mixture to reheat through.
- While peppers are cooking, place another large sauté pan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of ghee then add cauliflower rice, garlic powder and salt. Cook for about 15 minutes, tossing to keep the cauliflower rice from browning too much.
- While the cauliflower cooks, add kale, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt to a large bowl and toss to combined.
- Lastly, peel plantains, slice them, then add them to a mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and toss to completely coat. Spray coconut oil in the basket of your air fryer. Add plantains to your air
- fryer in one layer (not overlapping) then press temperature to 360 degrees F and time up to 10 minutes. Once 5 minutes has elapsed, use a fork to flip the plantain over then cook for 5 more minutes. Sprinkle with salt once done cooking.
- Now build the bowl – cauliflower rice, chorizo, baby kale salad, plantains, avocado, and cilantro, then serve immediately!
More Bowls Because Bowls are Better:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!