SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Years and YEARS ago I decided I wanted to be a vegetarian. I was early into college and it was just something I wanted to try. Not sure why exactly, but I gave it a go. And quickly found out it wasn’t the right diet for me. I constantly felt hungry, the vegetarian sources of protein made me incredibly bloated and gassy, and I didn’t cook enough to give myself the proper nutrition. So I moved on from that vegetarian point in my life and moved on to a more protein dense diet. But as I get into my 30s, I crave vegetables WAY more. And I feel really good when some of my meals throughout the week don’t include any protein.
A couple times a week I’ll make myself a meal that looks similar to this one, filled high with colorful vegetables, good sources of fat, and a ton of flavor. And I recently found out that it’s called a buddha bowl. Most buddha bowls are made with cold vegetables, but I like to do a mixture of both. Another thing you’ll find in a buddha bowl is some sort of grain like rice or quinoa, but I find this bowl to not even need it. It has so many different filling ingredients that you won’t miss the grains. Hopefully you enjoy this bowl as much as I do, even if you aren’t a vegetarian! And obviously, if you want some meat…ADD IT! This would be amazing with some marinated chicken or seared steak. Now I’d love to chat more but I have a day filled with island hopping in the Bahamas so I’ll have to talk to you a little later. Let me know when you give this recipe a try and what you think!!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 2 medium purple sweet potatoes (or any color), peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 batch of my Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 1 bundle dino kale, thinly sliced and massaged
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 8 ounces cooked beets, cubed (I used Love Beets brands so I didn’t have to cook my own)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
For the tahini dressing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Toss sweet potatoes in avocado oil then add salt and garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, until sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- While the sweet potatoes cook, make the crispy cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower begins to cook, make the rest of the bowl – place thinly sliced kale in a large bowl and use your hands to massage the kale. This will make it much more enjoyable to eat. Add olive oil and lemon juice and toss to combined.
- Place all ingredients for the tahini dressing in the blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes and cauliflower are done cooking, add the kale to 2-3 bowls. Then add the sweet potatoes, cauliflower, beets, and avocado. Then top with raisins, fresh dill, and hemp hearts, and use a spoon to layer on some tahini dressing throughout!
More Vegetarian Dishes:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!