Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
There are a few things that I have strong beliefs in –
- Football is stupid.
- Dogs are way better than humans.
- You should be eating vegetables with every single meal.
There are I said it. Sure, most of these beliefs won’t be well liked by most people, but they should be. BECAUSE THEY ARE FACTS. Facts by Juli. But before people get all upset about the football comment, let’s just quickly get on to the belief 3 – vegetables. Vegetables are the best. And we should be eating them all the time. They are demonized in the media from an early age (i.e. – Arthur not wanting to eat boiled brussels sprouts…because WHO BOILS BRUSSELS SPROUTS?!), but we should really change that. Because vegetable are f*cking bomb. Especially when they are crispy, topped with a sauce, and full of flavor. And this cauliflower is exactly that. This cauliflower is a bomb ass b*tch. Sure, it may smell like farts when you’re cutting it, but luckily it doesn’t taste like it.
What I love about cauliflower is that it will take on any flavor you throw at it. And I also love that it’s somehow become tortillas, rice, tater tots, biscuits, and pizza. Favorite quote maybe ever – “If cauliflower can somehow become pizza, you my friend can be anything.” So you know what I need from you today? I need you to make this cauliflower side dish and afterwards, I need you to become whoever you want to be. That’s all I ask of you today. It’s a small request, ok? Make cauliflower, eat veggies at every meal, stop watching football, get a dog, and be the best version of yourself. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK? Can you tell that I didn’t sleep much last night? I’m feeling like I can conquer the world…then will crash by 10am.
Since I’ve pushed cauliflower down your throat like Michael forced Kevin to eat broccoli for his New Years resolution, let’s take a step back. Give you a breather. Let you relax for a moment. Instead, let me only slightly complain for a moment…OUR BATHROOM RENOVATION STILL ISN’T DONE. This bathroom start April 1st which means it will most likely be a 3 month job. When it was suppose to be a month and a half. It’s insanity. And it all came down to a fabricator who took our money then wouldn’t take our phone calls. At one point, my husband was calling his 10x a day. He hit ignore every time. So finally we got fed up and I sent him a super angry email letting him know that I would be calling the police and taking him to small claims court. He placed a check in my mailbox the next day. And to make sure it cleared, I cashed it. Miraculously, we got our money back!!! But that meant we had to find a new fabricator, get our vanity measured and get on their schedule, which added more time.
Moral of the story – when you’re doing a renovation, always double or triple the timeframe that they give you. Contractors don’t like to overestimate probably because they are nervous you won’t work with them given the lengthy timeframe. So overestimate since they won’t. And trust no one. Ever.
However, there is an end is sight, which is lovely. Once our bathroom is done, I may just sleep in there for a couple weeks so I can fully enjoy the time that was spent creating it. The only thing that sucks now is I want to redo the other bathrooms, which is now impossible knowing what renovations are actually like. This isn’t some Chip & Joanna sh*t. How their marriage lasts with thousands of children and a renovation business makes absolutely no sense to me. Are they robots? Maybe lizard people? Probably just good people, huh? Too bad they don’t show the fights. I would watch that.
Ok, I have cauliflower to eat and another veggie dish to create for you guys, so I must go. Don’t forget – EAT YOUR VEGGIES TODAY!
And stop watching football.
Crispy Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the tahini dress
- 1/3 cup tahini
- juice of 2 lemons (~1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water (this measurement will depend on how much oil is in your tahini – I did not have much oil in mine so I needed extra water)
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs of dill, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets in avocado oil, then add tapioca flour, salt, garlic powder, mustard seed, turmeric and cayenne pepper, and toss until completely coated.
- Add cauliflower to air fryer. Press temperature to 360 degrees F and timer to 15 minutes. Every 5 minutes, pause the air fryer and toss to help cook the cauliflower evenly.
- While the cauliflower cooks, place all ingredients for the tahini dressing in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Place pine nuts in a small sauté pan over medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant and toasted.
- Once the cauliflower is done cooking, top with toasted pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, cilantro, dill, and pour the dressing on top before serving!
Eat More Cauliflower!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!