I’ve been on this easy side dish kick lately. Ever since I went to France a couple weeks ago and experienced tabbouleh for the first time…I’ve been hooked. But since most tabbouleh is made with bulgar or quinoa or even rice, I wanted to make a grain-free, low-carb version instead. Because every time I get back from a trip lately, I’m in need of some low-carb living. I was out of town almost all of May in Utah, France, and the Florida Keys, and all three of those trips meant lots of carbs and not many veggies. But this spin on tabbouleh fills you up, loads you with extra veggies, and this GIANT side dish is done in under 15 minutes. Minimal effort when it comes to cooking in the summer time is a must. I got you, boo.
While I was in the Florida Keys from Thursday – Monday last week, I barely slept at all. I felt like a complete zombie while I was there. A sober, worthless zombie. Then the moment I got back home and slept in my own bed, I fell asleep by 7:50pm and woke up feeling like the happiest version of myself in a loooong time. Now it’s been 2 nights of falling asleep in the 7pm hour and waking up feeling like I could chop down a tree with my bare hands. Is this what parents feel like when their child sleeps through the night for the first time?? I may never know because I may never have children, but I now do know the joy a parent feels after sleeping a full night. And it’s magical.
Speaking of parenting (or lack there of), I recently decided to start doing instagram lives on a weekly basis! I’ve changing things up and I plan to only record a podcast once a month or so, then start doing instagram lives every week. That way I can interact with people a little bit more! Just last night I did my first one all about eating paleo (it’s live for 24 hours so you can still watch it!) and next week I’m going to do one about my relationship, marriage, and why children really aren’t on the agenda for me at this point. I’m excited to talk through different topics next week in shorter versions than my podcast! Sometimes you just gotta mix things up! And sleep through the night without children.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 32 ounces riced cauliflower
- 1/3 cup raisins
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 10–12 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- lots of freshly cracked black pepper
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a nonstick sauté pan over medium heat then add chopped bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened. Then add cauliflower rice along with 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, toss to coat, then cover and let cook down for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add raisins to the pan and cover for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat then add lemon, parsley, green onions, mint, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Toss to coat then serve immediately!
More Easy Side Dish Ideas!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!