These are like chicken nuggets for grown ups. Pure genius.
I’m totes in Boston right now. And it’s hot as balls. After sitting on the airplane next to a man that smelled as though he hadn’t flossed his teeth in 8 years, for about 4 hours, then entering the humid air….I smelled AWESOME. I literally kept smelling myself in fear that people would think I actually smell like that man. That my usual stench is old man. Not that I usually smell good, but still, better than leftover-food-pushed-into-your-gums smell. Ew. I’m grossing myself out at this point.
It really is fantastic here though. I wouldn’t mind living here. It’s very humid. My skin is happy. But the city is a bit too high maintenance for me. Everyone wears suits here. I was just lil ole’ Colorado JB that had on my IWOD shirt from Renegade Fitness. Most comfy shirt ever, so I will wear it no matter where I am. Not sure I totally fit in….AND you have to pay for parking EVERYWHERE you go. Even when we went to Whole Foods. Yep, pay the parking piper.
Anywho. Guess what I did?! I joined a kickball league!! Yep. I did it! Ball sports aren’t really my thing…like at all. I didn’t play sports growing up. Such a shame. Gravity wouldn’t have been able to take control so much if I had been jumping and sprinting on a regular basis. Damn you stubborn and frightened teenage JB. Damn you. Anywho, the men that fill our kickball league are pretty damn good looking. Mmmmm hmmmm. I love kickball.
I hate when people don’t clean out their ears. So gross.
Boston has the prettiest trees in the world. What are those trees with the gorgeous pinkish flowers? I thought about jumping out of my friend’s car and picking one, but then thought twice about how I would look. And then thought about what the hell I would do with a dead flower. If I ever actually get a date or date a man at some point in my life, and he buys me flowers, disappointment will ensue. Wasting money on something that will not benefit my life in some way is dumb. A gift card to Whole Foods to prove his affection for me….now that’s how I know I’ve found the right man.Print
Cilantro Chicken Nuggets
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
For the nuggets
- 1lb ground chicken or ground turkey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 bundle of cilantro, chopped (the more, the better!)
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil
For the dipping sauce
- Mix all of your nugget ingredients together: ground chicken, egg, cilantro, scallions, sesame oil, ginger, and salt and pepper.
- Now heat up a large skillet under medium heat and add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Place your coconut flour in a shallow bowl.
- Make small balls from your nugget mixture, “nugget sized” and place each nugget in the coconut flour (being sure to only lightly dust the nuggets) then place in your skillet.
- Use a spatula to slightly flatten out each nugget. It only needs just a little press down.
- Cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- While your nuggets cook, mix your dipping sauce ingredients together.
- Once your nuggets are done cooking, dip those little guys in the sauce and eat those grown up nuggets up!