YAY!! So much Paleo Kitchen in one post. Not only am I sharing another sneak peek recipe from my newest cookbook, The Paleo Kitchen, but I’m also announcing my first book tour that George and I will be going on starting next week!! I’ve never done an actual book tour before, so this should definitely be interesting. I’ve done some signings here and there for my first cookbook, OMG. That’s Paleo? but never speaking, or cooking, or discussing the book in several different cities. Now all I’ve been doing is figuring out what I’m going to wear and how I’m going to pack all of these outfits into one carry on bag.
This is what I’ve come up with: I’m going to pack each outfit, clothes and jewelry, into individual vacuum seal bags. That way they will all fit into the suitcase when I head out to all these stops. The only issue is, even though they will fit in the bag when vacuum sealed, I won’t exactly have a vacuum with me while I’m on the road, so packing the outfits back into the bag after I’ve already worn them will be tough. I’ll make it work, but it’s going to be a pain. I also really hope I can find an iron. Balls.
I’m so excited to hit some of these new cities!! I’ve never been to Seattle, Portland, or New York City. Most of these places I’ll only be in for a day or even just half a day, but I want to try to eat at cool restaurants while I’m there. So if you live in any of these towns below or have been to any great restaurants in those places, please let me know!! I’d love to try some local restaurants.
Here are the dates for upcoming book signings! Remember, this is just our first trip so we will soon be hitting other areas and cities throughout the summer all over the US! Hope to meet some new faces!
Tuesday June 10th 2014 in Colorado
Event Location: Tattered Cover Highlands Ranch at 7pm – 9315 Dorchester St, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129 – Discussion, Q&A and Book Signing
Wednesday June 11th 2014 – Seattle, WA – Event Location: Ravenna Third Place Books at 7:00pm – 6504 20th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115 – Reading and Signing
Thursday June 12th 2014– Portland, OR area – Event Location: Costco #111 – Tigard at 5:30-7:30pm – 7850 SW DARTMOUTH, Tigard, OR 97223 – Reading and Signing
Saturday June 14th 2014 – San Diego, CA – Event Location: Costco #488 – Mission Valley at 1:00-3:00pm – 2345 FENTON PKWY, San Diego, CA 92108 – Discussion and Signing
Monday June 16th 2014 – New York City – Event Location: Broadway Panhandler at 5:30-7:00pm – 65 E. 8th Street, New York, NY 10003- Cooking Demo and Signing
And don’t forget to preorder your copy of The Paleo Kitchen today! It comes out June 10th, in less than a week! So get it while it’s cheaper on Amazon! The cookbook will have over 100 never before seen recipes as well as helpful ideas to start up paleo and stick with it and even tear outs in the back of the book that you can put on your fridge! So excited for all of you to see it!
For the pan
- coconut oil, to grease the pan
For the banana bread
- 4 medium bananas (about 1 pound)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ( 1/2 stick) unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine-grain sea salt
For the swirl
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch metal loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Combine the bananas, eggs, butter, and almond butter in a food processor or mixing bowl and mix until the ingredients are well blended. Add the coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and salt and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, mix together the swirl ingredients. Heat, stirring often, until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the bread batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. As soon as you pour the batter, pour the chocolate swirl directly on top and use a knife to swirl the chocolate throughout the loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving.
Break Out the Loaf Pan:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Fruit / Rants / Treats