Posted by https://paleomg.com/citrus-salmon-berry-salad-sweet-curried-pecans/
© 2012 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Citrus Salmon Berry Salad with Sweet Curried Pecans
- 1 large piece of salmon
- large handful of spinach
- large handful of arugula
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the dressing
For the sweet curried pecans
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- couple dashes of curry powder
- dash of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- sliced avocado to top
- Turn your grill on! Yay grill!
- Place your spinach, arugula, blackberries, blueberries, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, add your dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Now, plop your salmon onto a piece of foil, top with olive oil then with garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper.
- Take the pieces of foil running lengthwise and pull them to the center of the salmon and pinch the foil together and fold on to close. Then roll up the open sides. Pretty much do anything so the foil packet is closed.
- Place salmon on the grill and let cook for about 8-12 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your preference.
- While the salmon is cooking, make your candied pecans.
- Add a tablespoon of coconut oil to a small skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add your pecans and use a spatula to move the pecans around (the will burn quite quickly).
- Once the pecans begin to brown just a bit (3-5 minutes) add your honey, then your curry powder, cinnamon and salt and mix to combine.
- Once the ingredients are well incorporated, remove from heat and place on plate to let cool.
- When your salmon is done cooking, place on top of your salad and top with candied pecans, then drizzle with dressing. Avocado on top never hurt anyone.