I’m 99.9% positive that I am parked next to human feces and vomit outside off of my gym. Lovely. Gotta love Mondays.
Oh man, did I eat a lot over the weekend. Ok, well actually not THAT much. But I did have gluten free pizza then had street tacos another night. All of it was gluten free, which didn’t make my stomach upset, until this morning. It feels like I’m pregnant. Mostly in my love handles. So I’m having twins, apparently. The pizza wasn’t worth it. I didn’t think it was that good. But the tacos, hellllllls yeah. We went to Moontower Tacos in Denver and it was rad. Especially because they gave the boyfriend, my parents and I some free queso. Why? Who the hell knows. But it was awesome. It had some kind of candied or pickled jalapenos. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I loved how it made my mouth feel. Happy. That sounded weird. I pretty much licked the queso bowl. I regret that. Damn them giving us free queso. Damn my lack of any self control.
I did have some self control when I went to the Rockies game on Friday night, though. I kept to vodka sodas all night, and cut myself off when I felt good. AND I didn’t even drunk eat. My mother would be so proud. Not really. But going to a Rockies game was quite interesting. Mostly because we were around a couple Phillies fans who were huge d*cks. Like whoa. I think this is why I never liked sports. You are literally talking sh*t to people about a sport that YOU are not playing and have absolutely NO affiliation to other than you live in the same city they play in. YOU do not play at a professional level, YOU do not make millions, and YOU have absolutely no talent, but YOU are talking sh*t to other fans when your team makes a play. It makes absolutely no sense to me. I feel like those people lack self esteem. Or have very small weiners. Or both.
A Phillies fan even came into our gym and started talking sh*t to some of my athletes. Absolutely none of them in the class cared about sports. So he looked dumb. And just plain rude.
So even though I love CrossFit, this blog post is funny. And true. You should read it.
And here we are again. Another Monday to right our wrongs. Admit to our food sins and try to show the world that we do have self control. So I’ve made this delicious, yet simple recipe. It includes Steve’s Paleo Goods ginger cilantro paleo chef marinade. Marinades make all the difference when it comes to chicken. So don’t be dumb. Marinate your chicken.
- Place 1-1.5 cups of ginger cilantro marinade in a large ziploc bag. Add chicken and place in the fridge overnight to marinate. If you don't have overnight, marinate for at least 2+ hours.
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add duck fat to the pan and make sure the pan is extra hot.
- Add chicken and butternut squash, making sure to not overcrowd the pan since you are trying to get a sear on the chicken.
- Use a couple tablespoons of marinade from the ziploc bag to pour on top of the butternut squash.
- Flip the chicken after about 4 minutes to sear the other side for another 4 minutes, and move the butternut squash around to help cook on all sides.
- Place in oven for 15-18 minutes, depending how thick the chicken breasts are.
- While the chicken is cooking, place almonds in a small saucepan over medium heat to toast the almonds. Move them around until all sides are slightly brown, but not burned.
- When chicken is done cooking, top with toasted almonds and sliced green onions.
- Love flavor in chicken. It's delish.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Chicken / Veggies