Creamy Sesame Cucumber Salad
I just love a crunchy veggie salad. I need to figure out how to make a salad out of celery because I thrive munching on celery. What a weird thing to say. The point is – cold, crunchy salads are delicious. They make meals more interesting and more enjoyable. And mini cucumbers don’t seem to keep in the fridge very long so you need to use them immediately. What’s up with that? This recipe came to be because I had a bag of mini cucumbers in my fridge for a whopping 36 seconds after I picked them up from the store, before they started turning and I had to think of something fast. It seems like that’s how most of my recipes are born these days – out of speed and necessity.
I’m currently in the weirdest position in my office as I type this. I had a very upset baby last night so I spent most of my night bouncing her on a stability ball, rocking her, then cradling her. My neck is JACKED. It feels like Groot picked me up and swung me around by my feet, making sure to not miss any doorways or sharp objects. Is a rib out of place? Most likely. I feel 4 million years old and my lack of hormones are confirming that.
Are they making a Guardians of the Galaxy 3? That is one of my favorite movies. Along with Avatar. AND AVATAR 2 IS ALMOST HERE!! Finally. We only had to wait 13 years for the sequel. My top 3 movies include Dead Pool, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Avatar. Am I way more into science fiction and Marvel than I thought I was? Do I even know how I am? It’s hard to say since I’m a new mom and I’m extremely sleep deprived. You know what will probably help? A cucumber salad. Let’s eat!
Creamy Sesame Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 5-6 servings 1x
- 10–12 mini cucumbers, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2–1 tablespoon Korean chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Place sliced cucumbers on a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt on top then place another paper towel top, press down, and let them rest for 5 minutes to soak up excess water while you make the sauce.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cashew butter, coconut aminos, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and fish sauce.
- Add the cucumbers to the bowl, toss to coat, then sprinkle chili flake and sesame seeds on top before tossing once more. Serve immediately and enjoy!
I think this recipe is much better eat on the spot vs later on or after leftovers, but that being said, I still eat it as leftovers. Just make sure you give it a good toss before serving again!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!