Asian Cucumber Salad
I LOVE having veggie side dishes, in case you haven’t noticed from my blog posts lately. Braised purple cabbage, corn salad, roasted cauliflower, and roasted carrots are daily staples in our house. I’m always trying to find new ways to get as many veggies in as often as possible because, you know, the whole health and wellness thing. But what is even easier than cooked veggies is RAW ones. Barely any work and food in minutes. It’s the best. And one of my favorite, extremely simple and basic veggies is a Persian cucumber. I buy them every week, sometimes multiple times per week, because they always add a little flavor and crunch to any dish, without any cooking needed. But basic cucumbers can get a little boring so tossing them in some oil and vinegar with some punches of flavor is a must at times. And you ain’t no boring bitch!
When you’re making this recipe, please follow the instructions. Salt the cucumbers, let them sit, rinse them a couple times then pat them extra dry. Don’t ignore this step. I know you’ll want to because you’re an impatient bitch, but it’s worth it. It makes the cucumbers extra crunchy and keeps them from getting too soggy when they sit in the fridge for leftovers. And honestly, I think they are better for leftovers. But that’s also coming from someone who eats leftovers for almost every meal…a person who eats almost everything cold. Leftover cold chicken? Eating it. Leftover cold beans? Eating it. Leftover fart-smelling roasted brussels sprouts? Eating it. I have very basic needs and those needs mostly just include some sort of salt and sauce no matter if my food is freezing cold or not. Where was I even going with this paragraph? It’s hard to know. I’m a spacey bitch. Anywho, eat your veggies. Eat a lot of them. Make a bunch and have lots of leftovers so you don’t have to work hard later on throughout the week. And definitely make these cucumbers. They are delightful snack.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 6–8 Persian cucumbers, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Korean chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Place sliced cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss to coat then place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain cucumbers a few times to remove any excess salt. Place cucumbers flat on a paper towel and pat them drive with another paper towel on top.
- In a medium to large bowl, whisk together garlic, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, and Korean chili flakes.
- Add cucumbers to the bowl along with the sesame seeds and cilantro. Toss to coat then all you gotta do is eat up and enjoy your life!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!