Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
Hello, beautiful. Have you said your affirmations today? If you haven’t, I’m here for you. You are beautiful, you are kind, you are strong, you are going to change the world with your energy. How’s that feel? After my morning meditation and journaling, I started repeating affirmations as a way to kick my day off in the best way possible. You can also repeat this affirmation – “I am going to fill my body with food that nourishes my soul.” Then you can take a big ole bite out of this dish and go on living your best life. How does that sound? Doesn’t that sound magical? I swear I’m not super high right now, I’m just high on life from all this meditation and daily positive affirmations. That shit works, my friend!
So guess what I did today? I had lunch with a friend I haven’t seen in 10 years. My astrologer told me that I would have people from my past coming into my life and she was SPOT on. Not only did I see my college boyfriend last month, but then I caught up with one of my best guy friends who I had a falling out with, AND THEN I saw one of my best guy friends from college today. Wild. Something I’ve been working on is being a better friend. And that means taking the time to see the people who have meant a lot to me and will hopefully mean a lot to me in the future. I’ve been hanging out with old friends and new ones as much as I can and it’s truly filling my cup. Well, the other while I was making dinner, this friend popped into my head. And instead of letting that thought pass by, I messaged him right then and there. And I told him that if he was ever in Colorado, I’d love to grab coffee and catch up. Well turns out he was going to be in Colorado the next freaking week! It was meant to be. We met today, talked for 3 hours and could have talked for 10 more, and I’m feeling so incredibly happy and grateful to have him back in my life. It was such a cool experience.
So here’s what I need you to do with your life. You ready?
- I need you to repeat some positive affirmations to yourself each morning. Say them with pride, say them with conviction, and say them like your life depended on it. Because it does. Your body is always listening.
- Feed yourself something good today. Like this recipe!
- Call or text someone you’ve been thinking about. And tell them how much you missed and loved them. Life is too short to not catch up with the people who have so deeply impacted you in your life.
Those things aren’t so hard, are they? You can easily do all three of those things in one day! Now go get after it, you beautiful, wonderful soul.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 28 ounce garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives + 2 tablespoons kalamata olive juice
- 3–4 ounces dairy-free feta*, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the tzaziki
- 5–6 ounces almond milk greek yogurt**
- 1/3 grated english cucumber
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- hefty pinch of salt and pepper, to taste
- Dice up all those veggies and herbs, and put everything in a large bowl. Add feta, kalamata olives + juice, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss to combined.
- Add all ingredients for the tzaziki to a bowl and whisked to combined.
- Add 1/3 cup of the tzaziki to the bowl with the veggies. Toss to combined once more.
- Now you eat. It’s as simple as that, baby doll. And it just gets better with time!
*I used Violife vegan feta
**I used Kite Hill brand
What I Used to Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!