I need to tell you about something that’s pretty much the greatest thing to happen to me since paleo brownies. Speaking of brownies, I might be making some this week for you. Just for you, definitely not for me. Anywho, I went to the gym the other day, and when I came out, my car was on. But I had my keys in my hand. I was confused. Like, uber confused. It wasn’t until I was handed to new remote starter to my car that I actually understood what was happening. I got an early Christmas present!! Since it’s been so freezing cold here, my car got a little helpful boost added to it while I was gone. So now, when I work the early shifts at the gym, I can start my car from bed and my butt will be warm as soon as I sit down. Paleo brownies and a warm car at 6am? HELL YES. This year can’t get any better.
I seriously love the movie Avatar. I’m guessing I’ve talked about this at least 4 times on my blog before, but whenever I get to see it again, I get so excited. It’s 1 of 2 movies I own. Avatar and The Breakfast Club. Makes sense. Both movies I cry in. For different reasons. But the Pandora’s world strikes more closely to my heart. Mostly because I want to live there and this world seems excessively boring when you watch that movie.
Speaking of another world, I’ve been remembering my dreams a lot lately. I wake up in the middle of the night, then once I fall back asleep, I have crazy dreams. Remember my dream about creepy people? Well, that one is still the worst. By far. But the other day, I had a dream about alligators. Or maybe it was a crocodile. I don’t really know the difference. I think alligators are smaller. So it was an alligator. Anywho, I was being chased by an alligator and what did I do? I jumped in a pool. THE ONE THING YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSE TO DO, I did. How childish of me. My dreams are childish. Anyways, when I woke up, the covers were all over the place, and my heart was racing. I’m guessing I was sweating too, mostly because I’m just a sweaty person. Does it count as exercise if your heart rate is elevated and you’re pitting out? I’m countin’ it.
I think I have poor circulation in my feet. They are ALWAYS cold. Socks on, socks off, shoes on, shoes off, fur boots on, fur boots off. I need heated socks for this winter.
- 2 pound pork roast (excess fat trimmed)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon red pepper flakes
- lots of salt
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14) ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (14) ounce can of tomato sauce
- avocado, sliced (to garnish)
- green onions, diced (to garnish)
- Place the pork roast in a crock pot.
- Press a knife into the roast in 3 spots and press the peeled garlic cloves into the holes made from the knife.
- Pour hot sauce over meat.
- Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt on top of the roast.
- Place diced onions, peppers, tomatoes and tomatoes sauce on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and green onions.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
21DSD Entrees / Crockpot / Pork / Veggies