Crockpot Pulled Pork Chili
I need to tell you about something that’s pretty much the greatest thing to happen to me since paleo brownies. Speaking of brownies, I might be making some this week for you. Just for you, definitely not for me. Anywho, I went to the gym the other day, and when I came out, my car was on. But I had my keys in my hand. I was confused. Like, uber confused. It wasn’t until I was handed to new remote starter to my car that I actually understood what was happening. I got an early Christmas present!! Since it’s been so freezing cold here, my car got a little helpful boost added to it while I was gone. So now, when I work the early shifts at the gym, I can start my car from bed and my butt will be warm as soon as I sit down. Paleo brownies and a warm car at 6am? HELL YES. This year can’t get any better.
I seriously love the movie Avatar. I’m guessing I’ve talked about this at least 4 times on my blog before, but whenever I get to see it again, I get so excited. It’s 1 of 2 movies I own. Avatar and The Breakfast Club. Makes sense. Both movies I cry in. For different reasons. But the Pandora’s world strikes more closely to my heart. Mostly because I want to live there and this world seems excessively boring when you watch that movie.
Speaking of another world, I’ve been remembering my dreams a lot lately. I wake up in the middle of the night, then once I fall back asleep, I have crazy dreams. Remember my dream about creepy people? Well, that one is still the worst. By far. But the other day, I had a dream about alligators. Or maybe it was a crocodile. I don’t really know the difference. I think alligators are smaller. So it was an alligator. Anywho, I was being chased by an alligator and what did I do? I jumped in a pool. THE ONE THING YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSE TO DO, I did. How childish of me. My dreams are childish. Anyways, when I woke up, the covers were all over the place, and my heart was racing. I’m guessing I was sweating too, mostly because I’m just a sweaty person. Does it count as exercise if your heart rate is elevated and you’re pitting out? I’m countin’ it.
I think I have poor circulation in my feet. They are ALWAYS cold. Socks on, socks off, shoes on, shoes off, fur boots on, fur boots off. I need heated socks for this winter.Print
Crockpot Pulled Pork Chili
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 2 pound pork roast (excess fat trimmed)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 heaping tablespoon red pepper flakes
- lots of salt
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 (14) ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (14) ounce can of tomato sauce
- avocado, sliced (to garnish)
- green onions, diced (to garnish)
- Place the pork roast in a Crockpot.
- Press a knife into the roast in 3 spots and press the peeled garlic cloves into the holes made from the knife.
- Pour hot sauce over meat.
- Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt on top of the roast.
- Place diced onions, peppers, tomatoes and tomatoes sauce on top of the roast.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
- Garnish with sliced avocado and green onions.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!