Easy Delicious Breakfast Hash
What a catchy title.
This weekend was a real good weekend. Let me tell you allllll about it.
You know that cute new bike I got? Well, I had to test her out. So on Friday night, before eating an actual dinner, we hopped on the ole’ hogs and took a nice little bike ride to Yogurtland. Dessert should always come before dinner on Friday nights. Fun fact of the day. Yogurtland is a frozen yogurt place. Duh. It’s not paleo, really in any way, but it’s highly delicious. I got pistachio and coconut topped with shredded coconut. So freaking delicious.
Then Saturday morning, I coached a workout at Red Rocks for CrosFit Broadway. If you haven’t been to Red Rocks, it should be on your bucket list. It’s this amazing amphitheatre that’s made from rocks. So you have to hike about 643 steps to get to the top of it. So all the psychotic people in Colorado that like to put themselves through misery on the weekends, join at Red Rocks and run and jump and sprint and jog and hike and climb, all while feeling like you are breathing through a straw. It’s an absolute blast. We ran up and down stairs and did box jumps, push ups, and dips on the seats. Then burpees. Who doesn’t love feeling miserable on a Saturday morning? I don’t, actually. So a bunch of us celebrated with tex mex at Morrison Inn and had some delicious margaritas and bloody marys to offset the calories we had just burned. Makes sense. Tons.
Then I got my nails done. I hate this expensive habit but it makes me feeling more girly. And I like that feeling at this time in my life.
Saturday night was spent by myself at home. It was pleasant. And lovely. I ate some dark chocolate gelato. I really got into it with cold sugared desserts this weekend, didn’t I? I’m so naughty.
Sunday was kind of similar as Saturday. But this time, we worked out in the park. Park workouts are the best, especially when the weather is perfect. So I yelled at everyone for about 45 minutes. Then I moved on with my happy day. Again, onto my bike. I love that cruiser, yes I do. This time I rode downtown. To this new bar called View House. It kind of reminded me of when I was in college and had just turned 21. All the girls are wearing shorts that barely cover their lil’ cheeks and more makeup than I wear. Which is A LOT. I saw a lot of butt cheeks and a lot of drunk eyes. Which is saying something since I was intoxicated. Then we moved on to Blue Sake Bar because sake and japanese appetizers are the best. Then we finished off the night at Finley’s Pub. Because it’s the best. Best burger in town. Period. I swear they don’t pay me to say that. I wish they did, or at least fed me about 12 times per week for free. That’s fair, right? Wrong. Sadly, real wrong.
I was in bed by 8:30pm. Sunday fundays are the best.
I wonder how much sh*t I’m going to get for being a naughty paleo eater. Lots of sh*t. LOTS.Print
Easy Delicious Breakfast Hash
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, shredded
- 5–6 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 chicken italian sausage links (I bought the already cooked kind), diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- hot sauce, to garnish
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced bacon to the pan and cook until the fat seeps out and the bacon begins to brown.
- Once bacon is half way cooked, add the diced poblano pepper, yellow onion, and sweet potato. Mix together then cover to help steam the sweet potato and cook it quicker.
- After about 6-8 minutes of cooking, add in the mushrooms and chicken sausage along with the garlic powder, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix well, cover again and let cook for about 7-9 minutes, being sure to mix around to keep from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once everything is nice and toasty, use a spoon to press four spots into your hash mixture, crack an egg into each spot, then add about a tablespoon of water to the pan and cover to help steam the eggs.
- Let steam until eggs are cooked to preference. Over easy is the right preference, in my opinion. Which is the right opinion.
- Top with hot sauce. Eat silly pants. EAT IT.
More Hash for You!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!