PUMPKIN PIEEEEEEEE!! It’s so weird when people don’t like pumpkin pie. I’m still friends with those kinds of people, but it’s hard. Pumpkin pie should be eaten all year round, but it really only feels normal during fall. When it’s freezing out. And it’s freezing here. So I’m hibernating and stuffing my face. And what’s better during the winter than pumpkin pie? OHHHH. Almond milk egg nog. Yep, that’s right. I found some at Whole Foods and loved it. Califia Farms has almond milk egg nog with ingredients that don’t bother me. So I added that to my pumpkin pie. Happy me.
OMG I saw Catching Fire this weekend. If you’ve never heard of The Hunger Games trilogy, you must not have a tv or know how to read books. Which is strange, since you’re reading this post. Either way, I saw the second movie from the Hunger Games trilogy and it was awesome. It was even better than the first one. And it was even more exciting because I hadn’t read the books in forever, so I really had no idea what was going on. Which kind of sucked since I had to pee the entire movie. Those blood curdling screams would get me every time. And I would jump…but thankfully I have a pretty strong bladder. I haven’t peed while doing double unders yet. That’s proof, right? So I didn’t pee during the screams. But I felt a lot of anxiety throughout the movie.
That just got weird.
Just FYI, I finished the entire first season of Homeland. Disappointed with the season finale, but I will go on. Meaning I’ve already watched the first two episodes of the second season. Do you think Carrie is actually crazy in real life? How is she so good with the crazy eyes? How does that just come normal. Creepy.
I wish I had more to tell you. But that is all. So I’m going to go eat more pie. While I watch Homeland.
For the crust
- coconut oil or butter for greasing pie
- 4 tablespoons grass fed butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together butter and molasses. Mix in almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Press mixture down into a greased pie pan. Evenly distribute mixture throughout the pan pan and press up onto the sides as much as possible.
- In a food processor or blender, add pumpkin, eggnog, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust lined pie pan.
- Place in oven for 55 minutes. Let rest until cool then place in the refrigerator to set for 2+ hours.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with coconut milk whipped cream (optional)
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Holiday / Treats