Short weeks are so fun! I don’t actually have a short week because I have just as many posts to write and a podcast to record, but everyone else has a short week so I actually have people to hang out with in the daytime! It’s wonderful. Human interaction is wonderful. I usually only get Jackson (dog) interaction plus the daily solicitor trying to either get me to save the planet OR rob me. It’s hard to know which one you’re going to get when you open the door. It may be time I get a ‘No Soliciting’ sign, eh?
It’s officially fall here in Colorado right now. We’ve had a weirdly HOT fall but now it’s finally snowing and making me remember how much I hate being cold. Yesterday I was coaching at the gym and the gym was colder than the outside. Meaning I was shivering for 4 hours straight. That can’t be healthy, right? Luckily, I just bought THE WARMEST COAT of the season (that’s 50% off right now!) and I will be wearing it everywhere I go! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – coats and jackets are the only thing keeping me living in Colorado as I quickly age. Who likes being cold!?!
I think my new weekend hobby during football Sundays is going to be hot tubbing. Our hot tub is suppose to come in a couple weeks and I will spending my weekends there from now on. Who needs a hobby when you can spend your Sundays eating brunch with friends then in a hot bowl of water?! The rules of waiting 30 minutes after I eat doesn’t apply in my house! Screw you, childhood memory rules!
People keep listening to my podcast and reminding me how weird I am. Which I get. And I’ve gotten that my entire life…from anyone I’ve ever met. But at the same time…have you ever considered that YOU are the weird one, and I’m just the completely sane one? Something to ponder over while you munch on these trifles. I guess a crazy person would say that, huh? I’m about to record a podcast related to why children scare the absolute hell out of me and why I don’t want one exiting my womb, and I think I may lose about 50% of my listeners. Because I’m the weird one for having a deep fear of raising a serial killer. Sure, I listen to murder podcasts on repeat, and sure, I should probably stop doing that because I’m creating completely irrational fears. But I’m a realist, okkkkkkkk!? I really need to record this podcast ASAP. Aka – get my therapy session in.
Ok, I have a tax meeting to go to. Booooooo. I’ve now talked about soliciting, babies and taxes. This rain/snow is really affecting my mood. Or wait, is it effecting? I hate that one. And the dictionary does sh*t of a time explaining the difference. I swear I’ll perk up the next few days. Meaning on Thursday when I have a post-workout mimosa holiday buzz. That’s gonna be a great day.
For the gingerbread crumb
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 2 tablespoons gingersnap spice
- 1 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
For the pumpkin pie filling
- Make the coconut milk whipped cream then set in the fridge to chill while you make the rest.
- Make the cookies then set aside to cool.
- While the cookies bake, place the ingredients for the gingerbread crumb in a food processor and pulse until ingredients combine and break down into a crumb mixture. Remove and set aside then wipe out food processor.
- Place the pumpkin pie filling in a food processor and blend until smooth and combine, wiping down the sides of the food processor as needed.
- To make the trifles (and these could also be made it a shot glass for a smaller dessert option) - fill a sundae glass or jar with 1-2 tablespoons of the gingerbread crumb, then 1-2 tablespoons of the pumpkin pie filling, then 1-2 tablespoons of the coconut milk whipped cream and repeat until glass or jar has filled. Top with a cookie.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Holiday / Treats