Fajita Chicken Salad
It’s amazing what a good night sleep does for a person. Ever since I got back into town last week from two back-to-back trips, I haven’t slept very well. I’ve been thinking about work I need to get done, I was worried about Jackson being sick, and the temperature in our house has been weird since it’s been going from super hot outside to freezing cold in a matter of seconds. And because of all of that, I’ve found myself wandering to the couch most nights and waking up with a sore neck from the sh*tty pillows. BUT NOT LAST NIGHT! Last night I slept like a champ and I woke up feeling happy AF. Sleeping is my favorite.
Have you guys watched Ali Wong yet? She’s a comedian on Netflix and she is hysterical. She talks a lot about having babies and what it does to your vagina and life, and man, it’s hilarious and disheartening all at the same time. I wish all my friends were honest comedians and would share their birthing stories in a truthful way. Instead, most of them have repressed those feelings and memories in order to have more children. Which I support. My friends keep popping out super adorable, quiet children. And I’m into those kinds of kids. Quiet children are awesome. I was not one of those children.
Speaking of awesome, I’m going to record a podcast with my sister-in-law this week. I’ve always wanted to have her on the podcast, but timing never was right. But she has some free time this week so I’m forcing her to sit in my living room and talk about the royal wedding, Jersey Shore, and really anything that pops in my mind. So if you guys have any questions you would like me to ask her, feel free to leave them below. If not, we will just talk the Nikki Bella and John Cena breakup. I’m heartbroken personally, so I think it should be talked about.
Anywho, let’s talk briefly about this recipe. I shared this recipe a while back on Aaptiv when I worked on a campaign with them. But that was over a year ago. And while I was doing some cleaning of my computer, I was reminded of this delicious recipe and how every PaleOMG reader should have it. So I changed just a couple things to make this recipe easier and even tastier! This is an awesome summer recipe to make and have throughout the week on a hot summer day. I’ve been eating it in a coconut wrap or with plantain chips and it’s all quite lovely.
Ok, so my sleep high is wearing off and reality of what I need to get done today is setting in so…BYE!
Fajita Chicken Salad
- Yield: 4-5 1x
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can roasted mild green chiles
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken, cooled (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fajita seasonings
- 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Place ghee in a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add peppers and onion. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the veggies begin to brown. Then add garlic, jalapeño, and green chiles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and fajita seasonings to the pan and cook for another 3 minutes, until the veggies and chicken are coated in the spices. Remove from heat and place in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Mix the chicken and veggies with mayo, lime juice and cilantro then place in the fridge to cool for 1 hour and 30 minutes before eating!
More Chicken Salad Ideas!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!