Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
I’m about to do something different…I’m about to throw a punch at you and see if you can roll with it. What the hell does this all mean? Here it is – I’m cooking with a gluten free flour. No paleo flour, no almond flour, no cassava flour. Nope. Just plain ole gluten free flour. Why? I don’t know, I just felt like it. I haven’t messed around with gluten free flour hardly at all, but when I was home alone for 10 days straight when my husband was out of town, I started digging in the pantry and decided to give it a go! Could this recipe be made with a paleo flour? I’m not sure, I haven’t tested it that way! But this recipe CAN be made with a gluten free flour, I’ll promise you that. I’ve been trying different types of foods lately, like incorporating beans into my diet after staying away from beans for about 10 years, and I’ve really enjoyed the experience. So I’m making things outside of the box and loving every second of it! This gluten free flour is made from rice flours, potato starch, tapioca flour, and a few others, all of which I would eat anyways. So I apologize if you’re sticking strictly with paleo, but I’m trying some new things around here so GET READY!
But something that won’t change around here is cooking gluten free! I eat completely gluten free because it makes me feel my best and I want to continue to share those recipes with you, both paleo AND gluten free. If I ever eat bread in the US, I don’t normally feel that great, so I just stay away from it. But I do feel great when I eat rice. That means I normally eat rice 3x/day and it’s my favorite 3 meals of the day. But I’ve been scared to share rice recipes on here and have to deal with the backlash of sharing non-paleo recipes. Luckily I’ve been yelled at on a daily basis over the internet for years now so at this point, nothing really scares me. That being said, get ready for even more types of recipes. Recipes with rice, recipes with beans, recipes with gluten free flour, and of course, paleo recipes! I’ve learned a lot over the past 9 years of cooking and eating, and I want to pass those new experiences on to you. I hope you’re on board and ready for my punch! Now let’s go eat some cookies!
Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- 8 tablespoons softened (room temperature) ghee
- 3/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ghee and maple sugar. Use a hand mixer to beat the ghee and sugar together until smooth and creamy. Then add the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and beat once more with the hand mixture until smooth. Lastly add the baking soda and salt, then slowly add the gluten free flour 1/4 cup at a time, beating with the hand mixer throughout until the flour completely mixes into the dough. Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out 16 cookie dough balls and place them evenly throughout a baking sheet (you may need to use 2 baking sheets, depending on the size it’s size). Place in the oven to bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies flatten out and then edges begin to brown, ever so slightly.
- Cool on a baking sheet then eat up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!