Posted by https://paleomg.com/indian-butter-chicken/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teapsoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- cilantro, to garnish
- lime wedges, to garnish
- coconut cauliflower rice
- Add ghee to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and a pinch of salt and cook on all sides until chicken is browned but not fully cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the pan, add onion and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Add ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cumin, and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan for about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and tomato sauce and bring to a low simmer for about 5 minutes, then add chicken back to the pan and let cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with coconut cauliflower rice, cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice on top.