I’m obsessed with the show Parks and Recreation. I understand it’s not a new show and I’m late to the party, but I don’t even care. I still constantly watch The Office like I don’t know what’s going to happen, but it’s just not the same knowing the show comes to an end. So now I have Parks & Rec AND all of the past episodes are on Netflix so I can binge watch whenever I damn well please. Like yesterday.
Yesterday was a funky day. It was sunny, then it was cloudy, then it was sunny again. I had a great lunch with my friend Dom and all was well. But my negative attitude caught up to me when I decided to pick up my boyfriend jeans that I had altered at Nordstrom. The thing that sucks about having them altered there is that when you pick them up, the seamstress (right word?) isn’t there like they would be at a normal alterations place. So I picked mine up from Nordstrom, slid them on, and was like “what the fuuuuu”. I swear they haven’t been altered whatsoever. Nothing is different. You can still fit an entire sneaker in the waist, which was my issue before. You see, I alter probably 90% of my jeans and shorts and skirts. I have a smaller waist and child bearing hips, so I pay good money so get things altered. And I was pumped when I bought a couple pairs of jeans at Nordstrom and needed only 1 pair to be altered AND they alter for free. But I guess you get what you pay for there…because I got nothing. Expect a new pocket to smuggle drugs across boarders. Please don’t take that seriously.
Thankfully after my jeans experience, I had a good day in the kitchen. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve been cooking less for my website recently. I swear I’m not being lazy, I’m just working on a new, fun project in the process. So more time is going to that project. Luckily, I made muffins for the second time for my project and they came out perfect. THEN I made this dish and it was exactly what I wanted. SO, life was good. But my attitude still blew chunks. I tried working out and watching more Parks & Rec, which definitely helped a little bit, but it wasn’t perfection UNTIL I warmed up a homemade two tone cookie that I made a couple days ago for my project and topped it off with some paleo ice cream. BOOM. Life is wonderful again.
You know what else has helped? Eating some of Steve’s Paleo Goods new cinnamon nut butter on top of dark chocolate. It’s a beauty. Sometimes, all you need is chocolate.
Guess what?? Today is a super fun day! I’m working with Inspyre Boutique in town to try on some of their newest clothes and accessories! This Friday, my post will be about the outfits I tried on, how they paired different things together and made me think outside the box with my own style, and how I accessorized there. And then the outfit I chose! I’ll be posting all about it on my Fashion Friday post this week. I may even have a special gift for all your Fashion Friday readers so stay tuned!
OH! And don’t forget my latest giveaway!! It ends tomorrow! Sign up ASAP!!
For the salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
For the rice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk or coconut cream (I used coconut cream)
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetended shredded coconut
For the fish
- Mix together salsa ingredients and place in fridge.
- Add chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment to “rice” the cauliflower.
- Place over large pot over medium heat, add coconut oil then add riced cauliflower. Add coconut milk/cream along with a little salt. Mix together to incorporate and let cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft. Once soft, add shredded coconut, mix, then turn down heat to low to keep warm.
- Add a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil. Once very hot, pat mahi mahi dry and salt on both sides, then add to the pan and cook on both sides for 5-7 minutes. Do not crowd pan because that will make the fish steam instead of getting a nice crust on both sides. Cook in batches, if needed.
- Place mahi mahi on top of coconut rice, top with mango salsa and garnish with cilantro and shredded coconut.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!