Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
You know how I know I’m smart? I just made waffles. And you know why waffles are so much better than pancakes? Because they hold your syrup for you! No syrup left behind. That’s what I always say. What? Anyways. If you don’t like syrup and tend to eat your waffles and pancakes dry, you disappoint me…not saying any names. Laura.
Anywho, it’s Thanksgiving Day. And it sure is a day to give thanks. No but seriously, we tend to forget what we have to be thankful for sometimes. And that really is a shame. So since I’ve been making lists lately, here is another one. I know you’ve been dying to see another one of my lists.
What Juli Bauer is thankful for (Yes, I just referred to myself in the third person. And yes, that is creepy):
- Living with Laura Hazlett and having the opportunity to call her my best friend. If you haven’t noticed, I talk about Laura A LOT. She is my little sunshine. This girl just gets me. I’ll walk in the room and her and I will just make weird noises and it somehow makes sense to us. She’s the wind beneath with wings. The candy to my nut. And the fat to my bacon.
- Being able to not only workout with but also work with the one and only Jason Kelly at CrossFit Broadway. This gym has changed my life. Everyday I walk into this gym, I question the fact that I didn’t bring an extra pair of pants to change into once I piss myself from laughter. Jason is an incredible coach and gym owner and has taught me so much about changing people’s lives. His stache is pretty damn epic too.
- Any of the people I have met through the CrossFit community. I am damn lucky to know the people I do. I swear, every new competition I compete in, I meet someone who truly changes my life that day. And I’m not just being a douche and saying that. I truly mean it. I get the opportunity to talk with amazing people who are not only really good looking, but care about the people and the community around them. That’s pretty awesome. And very rare. I can thank CrossFit Evolve for believing in me and supporting me from the beginning.
- My parents. I had a competition this past weekend and had to run up a hill with a plate at the end…my dad ran up the whole hill next to me cheering me on. That’s damn cute. And when I competed at Regionals, my mom cried while she watched me in the 100s wod. Knowing that I make my parents proud is pretty epic…especially since I don’t always make my mom proud when I blog…and talk about my brazilian wax. My b, mom.
- Headbands. If I didn’t have headbands, I would have sweat in my eyes, then I would cry, then I would quit my wod, then I would hate my day, then my world wouldn’t go round. And then I would have to do my hair. And shower. Life would suck.
- My health. No matter how much I get upset about my weight changes or my skin issues, I am very lucky to be able to push myself daily in wods and get stronger regularly. I need to remember that more often and respect myself more. So today, I am thankful for my body.
- My car…that I’ve had since I was 16. Thank god she’s still kickin it.
- Anyone who has every read my blog, tried a recipe from my blog, recommended my blog, left a comment on my blog, laughed from my blog, got offended from my blog, made fun of my blog, felt uncomfortable from my blog, read my blog on the toilet, and whoever ignored my blog because they hated the name. Thanks.
Paleo Lemon Poppyseed Waffles
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 2 lemons, juiced
- zest of 1/2 lemon, or whole, whatever you see fit
- 1–2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds, or however much opium you want
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!