Lemon Raspberry Pancakes
OMG. These pancakes are like, the fluffiest pancakes ever. I want to marry them, then eat them for my honeymoon. Yep. Fact.
All I want to do is ride my bike everywhere. Mostly because it’s been about a thousand degrees here in Denver. And leather seats aren’t so friendly in this heat. I have to keep a towel on the seat of my car so my seat doesn’t become a slip and slide. Gross. So the other day, as I rode my bike everywhere while blasting Carrie Underwood from my phone, I came across a garage sale. I dig garage sales. My mom used to take me to garage sales all.the.time and I kind of hated them, but man, am I a sucker for a sweet deal. So I stopped at the garage sale, found some gorgeous white and glass shutter doors and purchased them right there. I had to go get my car, obviously. I’m not that strong anymore. I don’t know why I wanted these shutters, but they called my name. I want to put them in my imaginary house that I want to purchase next year. I have no idea where I will be living or what my place will look like but I guess I’ll be using some glass shutters as decorations. I have to now. I spent $10.
Am I going through a quarter life crisis? Is that a real thing? Is this what it’s like? You purchase things for imaginary circumstances? Too many questions for one paragraph. Moving on.
So I contradicted myself for at least the 46th time on my blog. You know how I told you that I don’t like going out and drinking. Well, I did it. And I actually really enjoyed myself. And I even worked out the next morning, wreaking of alcohol and feeling like less than 35%. I think that alcohol should only be consumed with certain people. Like people who love dance music and food. Fun, drunk nights are only enjoyable if there is dancing in the end. And working out the next morning, still drunk or not, it makes the endorphins flutter and keeps you from hitting the drunk depression. I’ve found the secret to consuming alcohol! Drinking with good looking, happy people, dancing, coffee, excess of water, working out, more water, garage sales for your imaginary house, then more water. Pretty simple. Sorry I contradicted myself once again, but sometimes, you just gotta say ‘eff it’.
I did find out that I still don’t like being the sober person out at the bars the next day. When girls are actually telling my guy friends that they wore a short skirt for them and want them to take them home, I know I’m in over my head at that bar. That’s really not a sexy look for ladies. So I went home and watched reruns of friends while reading paleo cookbooks. I personally think that’s a fantastic Saturday night.
Someone shared this video with me. Sometimes, it’s truly the story of my life. Mostly because I completely remember saying ‘Can I wear this shirt as a dress?’ in college. Wow.
I wonder how long these shutters will be in the trunk of my car.Print
Lemon Raspberry Pancakes
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the pancakes
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the first three ingredients: raspberries, lemon juice, and honey. Mix together and let simmer. Once raspberries have broken down, bring heat to low to let thicken slightly.
- Whisk together pancake ingredients: eggs, almond milk, honey and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Then, while continuously whisking, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and a pinch of salt to the large bowl. Whisk until batter is well combined.
- Grease a large pan or pancake griddle and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a large ladle to pour a pancakes size pancake on the pan. Then use a small spoon to scoop out a tablespoon of the raspberry jam mixture and swirl it around on the top of the pancake.
- Once pancake has cooked and bubbles begin to surface on the top of the pancake, flip it. The pancake should need to cook for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Repeat with the rest of the pancake mixture.
Yields 4-5 four inch pancakes
Eat More Pancakes:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!