Last week on the blog I started talking about managing your stress through supplementation. Before the Corona Virus really hit and our state went on lockdown, I was already working through my own daily bouts of stress because of Jackson’s health scare. I had to remove coffee from my diet, start meditating, work on my breathing, and I began taking a closer look at my supplements to help ease some of the anguish I was feeling at the time. But now that Covid-19 has taken over our minds, I think all of us are feeling the stress in some way or another. We are worried about our income, getting groceries, catching the virus, taking care of our loved ones, and more. Stress is around every corner and it’s hard to know how to process and move through all of it. Today I want to walk you through how I manage my own stress, one of the key all-natural products I use on a daily basis, and how I ensure that stress doesn’t overtake my brain and body.
Now that many of you are at home without your same day-to-day structure, it’s time to come up with some sort of daily schedule.
- Write out your day, what you have planned, what you need to get done, etc.
- Continue with your normal daily routine – shower, makeup, getting dressed, etc.
- Find a place in your house that makes you feel productive. And remember that this place may change throughout the day. Sometimes I work from the couch, sometimes in the backyard, then I move to my office, kitchen, etc.
- Take a break (or a couple) in the middle of the day to do something you want to do – take a walk, get a workout in, cook lunch, do a load of laundry, or read a few chapters in a new book.
Now once you have a new structure in your daily life, it can sometimes be easy to turn on the TV or scroll through social media. As hard as it may be, it’s probably a good idea to limit that time while the virus is the only thing on the news.
- DON’T turn on the news, especially when you are feeling stressed and helpless.
- Limit time on social media to keep your mind clear and to help you stay on task with your important work.
And last but not least – if stress continues to weigh you down, you’re having trouble processing all of it, and your mind begins to wander in the wrong direction; it’s time to reset.
- Journaling – One of the main reasons I started writing a blog is because writing helps me process my thoughts. When I start jotting down what is going on in my head, it’s a good reminder that my thoughts are just that – THOUGHTS. They are not always real life and as easily as they come into my brain, then can be taken out. Writing can be incredibly calming for people, especially in times of stress.
- Steady Breathing + Meditation – Now I’m not going to act like I’m a professional when it comes to meditation, but I can tell you for a fact that steady breathing and positive thinking were the #1 thing that helped me through my struggles during Jackson’s health scare. My amazing friend walked me through it when I felt out of control – I would take a breath in for 4 seconds, hold it in for 4 seconds, then breathe out for 4 seconds. I would do this 5x through, then I would send my positive energy out into the world and talk to Jackson. If you’re having spiraling thoughts during this scary time, the breathing along with positive thoughts can be a total game changer in your day.
- Hemp Oil – I can’t recommend hemp oil enough. It has been a game changer in my house, especially for my husband that has struggled with anxiety for years now. He has been using it for over a year and it has made such a difference in his daily life.
I’ve talked about Ned Full Spectrum Hemp Oil in the past, but in case you missed that post or you’re totally new to hemp oil, I wanted to give you the quick rundown on this amazing product! Hemp oil is an extract of hemp plants that consists of cannabidiol (CBD) and other phytocannabinoids. These cannabinoids have a wide range of benefits and regulate nearly every biological system in the human body. Some of the best known uses are:
- Sleep aid
- Natural pain-reliever
- Treating anxiety and PTSD
- Treating depression
- Rich source of antioxidants
- Treatment of serious chronic conditions such as epilepsy, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and more.
And Ned hemp products are different than others because they are made from organic, whole, and/or natural ingredients. And they only select non-GMO plant genetics, specifically grown for hemp extract. They also cold extract their hemp at -17° to maintain the profile of the hemp flower. All this means is that you’re going to get THE BEST hemp product on the market when you’re purchasing any of Ned’s Full Spectrum Hemp Products.
We use Ned at home to help with anxiety and we use it as a sleep aid, as well. And during this time when emotions are running higher than ever, any help we can get, we are reaching for it. And as you can tell, we are OUT of Ned’s Full Spectrum Hemp. Luckily I just got a notification that our order has shipped! We just loaded up on the 1500mg because it has become our favorite from the Ned hemp line. Ned also just came out with their Natural Cycle Collection to help ease menstrual symptoms the all-natural way. GAME CHANGER, especially when you’re not on birth control (like me). It has made all the difference with my symptoms that are much worse now that I’m off birth control.
If you want to try out Ned, PaleOMG readers 15% off your first Ned purchase! Click here to get your discount today and be sure to check out all of the Ned products including lip balm and body butter!! Hopefully all these tips and natural products keep you a little more sane and calm while we get through this strange time together!
This post is brought to you by Ned. I may be compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!