SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Breakfast should never be boring. And it never will be again if you have these fries that are topped with breakfast sausage, bacon, runny eggs, and a dairy-free sauce!
I recently made Pizza Fries on the blog and loved it so much that I wanted to come up with a breakfast alternative. And since my friends at Rivers and Roads Coffee have breakfast fries as an option on their menu, I finally decided to make it happen on the blog! These fries are made in the air fryer to create the crispiest fries without deep frying, and they are topped with all your favorite breakfast toppings! You know how these fries could be even better?? If they were topped with my Biscuits & Gravy toppings! OMG ADDING THAT TO MY CREATION LIST NOW!!
OMG you guys…I go to France on Saturday!! I’ve traveled to a handful of cool places, but never to Europe!! I think because I mostly just want stunning beaches and the Caribbean is so easy to get to compared to Europe. But I’m finally taking the plunge and have a flight on Saturday to go to Paris, France for a fun meet-up! Back in August I announced I was hosting a meet-up out there and some of you guys signed up for it, and I can’t believe it’s finally here!! We kick off the trip in Paris then the rest of the trip is spent in Burgundy! We plan go on a ton of wine tasting, bike around vineyards, take a cooking class, and eat ALL the baked goods! I plan to fully embrace the European pastries while I’m out there.
Whenever I’m in the US, which is 99% of the time, I eat gluten-free. Our grains are sprayed with all kinds of pesticides and so processed. It’s sketch AF. But when I was in New Zealand, I ate WHATEVER I wanted. I ate all kinds of meat pies, bread baskets, and baked goods, and had absolutely no issue whatsoever. So I plan to do the same in France. Croissants? Yes please. Éclair? Yep. Kouign Amann? I don’t even know what that is but I’m eating it. From what I hear, pastries and wine are just a way of life out there so I plan to embrace those traditions.
Have you been to Paris or anywhere else in France?! What are some must-try pastries I need to add to my list?! And any must-pack items?! It looks like we may have a rainy week ahead of us so I’m thinking lots of rain jackets need to be added to my list. I also need to add a few French words to my repertoire. I mostly just don’t want to look like a stupid tourist who knows nothing about the culture. Which is correct. I need to learn how to lie. Any tips and tricks? Teach my your European ways!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes (or whatever white or sweet potato you prefer), cut into fry slices
- 2–3 tablespoons avocado oil
- hefty pinch of salt
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs (or more depending on the number of people you are serving)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free cheese (I used Siete Foods Nacho Cheese Queso)
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil then place a wire rack on top. Spray wire rack with avocado oil spray, place pieces of bacon flat on the wire rack and place in oven to bake for around 20 minutes, until slightly crispy. Chop into pieces then set aside. Leave oven on.
- While the bacon cooks, cut potatoes into fry slices, toss in avocado oil, and sprinkle with salt. Place in an air fryer without overcrowding the basket (I had to cook my potatoes in 3 batches) and cook at 390 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, tossing every 4-5 minutes, until potatoes are crispy.
- While the potatoes are cooking, place a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat, add breakfast sausage and break into small pieces, cooking until no pink remains, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In the hot pan with the remaining fat (about 2-3 tablespoons), turn the heat down to low, then crack 4 eggs into the pan to cook for 5-7 minutes, until whites are cooked through and yolks are still runny.
- Heat up dairy-free cheese in a saucepan or in the microwave until warm.
- To make sure everything is the same temperature, add the fries to the wire rack, top with the crumbled breakfast sausage, and bacon, and place in oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- Top fries with eggs, dairy-free cheese, sliced avocado, chives, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!