Sea Salt Caramel Granola
Granola and I are besties during pregnancy. I could eat it for breakfast, for a snack, for a fourth snack, and I’ve had it for dinner, too. It just gets me. And this Sea Salt Caramel granola will get YOU, too. It will simply understand you and your needs. And all you have to do is make a super easy caramel sauce, pour it on oats, and bake that bitch up! It’s that easy! Life is simply better with granola. That’s just the truth of it.
It’s been a fun few weeks around here…which I’m SO HAPPY to say since the first 32 weeks of pregnancy were anything but fun. But these past 3 weeks have been lovely. I’m sleeping, my exercise performance is the best it’s been all pregnancy, I’m resting a ton and feeling comfortable with doing less, AND I’ve been working on a lot of fun work things. I relaunched my newsletter after taking some time away because no one wants to hear a person complain in their inbox. Now it’s all about things I’m loving, sharing, and more! Then I launched my Glow Pregnancy Program after testing it throughout my own pregnancy, to help moms-to-be navigate lifting and staying strong throughout their pregnancy. AND I launched new activewear with Four Athletics! We got new shorts, new sets, and new tanks! Life has been good, it’s been busy, and it’s been hella exciting because I’m one day closer to shooting this little girl out of my vag and no longer being pregnant!! PRAISE BE!
Speaking of vag, I’ve been watching this new show on HBOMax called Hacks. It’s about female comedians and it’s stellar. I’m normally a person who watches the same show over and over, and that probably has to do with my anxiety and the comfort I get from knowing exactly what is going to happen on a show. During pregnancy, I’ve had to cut out all the shows with too much anxiety-ridden moments…like the new Stranger Things? Hell to the no. I started watching After Life with Ricky Gervais then it got pretty sad after a season or so. So I go back to ole faithfuls – Schitt’s Creek, New Girl, The Office, and Parks & Rec. It’s pure comfort in a show. Someday I may be able to watch those shows again, but until this little girl comes, you’ll be able to find me in our guest bedroom with the air conditioning low as I can get it, with a stack of 9 pillows around me, watching Schitt’s Creek. Speaking of that…bye!Print
Sea Salt Caramel Granola
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a medium saucepan over medium heat and add coconut sugar. Use a spatula to mix the sugar until it dissolves. Once completely dissolves, add in butter and whisk until the butter combines with the sugar then let it come to a low boil. Lastly, slowly add the heavy cream while mixing then let come to a boil for another minutes. Remove from heat, add in vanilla extract and salt then mix, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, add gluten free oats to a large bowl and pour caramel sauce on top. Lastly, add in flake salt. I gave a range because everyones taste will be different. I like it on the more salty side since the caramel is so sweet, but that’s me. You decide how much salt you want because you’re an adult and you got this.
- Pour onto baking sheet, spread oats into a flat layer and press into the parchment paper. This will make it nice and chunky once cooled. Place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes, turn baking sheet, then bake for another 20 minutes, until granola is slightly golden. Keep an eye on the granola for the remaining 20 minutes since oven temps will range and you don’t want burnt granola. Once done baking, let cool COMPLETELY on the baking sheet.
- Once completely cooled, break into small or large pieces. And then eat up, like the adult you are!
What I Used to Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!