Pumpkin Spice Baked Granola Bars
I’m not sure where the weekend went but I don’t remember any of it. Most likely because I was poisoned by my friend’s smoke machine at his Halloween party on Friday. This guy goes ALL OUT for Halloween and he crushes it. Especially since he has a girlfriend this year and his girlfriend had great snacks like peanut M&M’s and puppy chow. Aka crack. I think I ate my bodyweight in those chocolate nut balls of joy. I think it’s how I deal with social anxiety. Or that’s just my excuse for giving myself a stomach ache.
Parties already give me anxiety, but add on the stress of having to come up with a unique and funny costume or just dress like a ho fo sho, anxiety is HEIGHTENED. I’ve always been a social person, but anxiety is something I’ve always dealt with in some way. And it definitely continues to get worse as I get older and know how certain situations will go down. For example, our gym had a Halloween party Saturday night at a bar in town. I wanted to go and planned to go, but I didn’t want to dress up or drink. So I knew parking would be a nightmare then everyone would talk sh*t about not wearing a costume then ask why I wasn’t drinking or push drinks. And even though all of these things aren’t that big of a deal, I would much rather stay home and not deal with them at all.
But you know what? Missing out on these social situations with friends is a major bummer. So it’s something I need to work on. I would just much rather have a dinner party with fun cocktails in my own house, where I can wear ho fo sho slippers instead of a costume. That just sounds way more fun.
Oh sh*t, today is Halloween. Are you making my Edible Cookie Dough Bites for a Halloween treat tonight? Instead of handing out super sketchy candy that literally never goes bad (so scary) to random children I’ve never met and know nothing about, I’ll be eating these cookie dough bites by myself in our house with the lights off. Social events give me anxiety, but children give me even more anxiety. And I refuse to purchase candy that has ingredients like potassium sorbate, hydrogenated soybean oil, and high fructose corn syrup. No thank you!
Man, I am fun AF. And incredibly contradicting since I just said I ate my bodyweight in peanut M&M’s. Ugh, I’m the worst.
Happy Halloween, you beautiful soul! Instead of eating sketchy candy and opening your door to complete strangers, make these granola bars instead and keep that door closed! I listen to true crime podcasts, I know what happens to people who open their door to strangers! Don’t be that statistic!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
- Yield: 8 bars 1x
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- Place pecans and walnuts in a food processor and pulse to break down into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to mix together the pulsed pecans and walnuts with coconut, cashew butter, maple syrup, pumpkin, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and egg. Once combined, fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Press batter into baking dish and spread evenly throughout. Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until the middle is cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Melt the remaining mini chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler then use a spoon to scoop the chocolate and wave the spoon back and forth to spread the chocolate on top of the bars. Slice into 8 bars. Store in refrigerator.
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!