No-Churn Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
It’s balls hot here in Denver. Most of the state is on fire at this point. It’s horrifying and so incredibly sad. But so is everything else in the world right now so we might as well find a little shining light in the dark. And that shining light should ALWAYS be ice cream. No better way to bring a little extra brightness into your day than sitting on your back patio while you scoop away at this delightful treat! But if you’re in Colorado, maybe eat your ice cream inside. The air quality is dog shit these days. If you like cheesecake, you’ll LOVE this ice cream. If you don’t like cheesecake (serial killer), you’ll LOVE this ice cream. It works for really anyone, even serial killers.
Since I’ve been exploring different food on the blog lately, ie beans and gluten free flours, I thought today I would give you some extra options for this ice cream so you can make it whatever way works best for you.
- If you do fine with dairy, use organic heavy cream instead of coconut milk!
- If you do fine with dairy still, use organic dairy cream cheese instead of almond milk cream cheese!
- If you have an ice cream maker at home, use that to churn the ice cream instead of going straight to freezing it.
- If you do fine with gluten, you should still use gluten free graham crackers because they are just so damn good. Skip the gluten on this one.
I’m here to give you options and make your life a little brighter, whatever route you may take. Dairy or dairy-free, ice cream maker or no ice cream maker, gluten free graham crack or….nope. Don’t do it. It’s not worth it. Stay the route.
Whatever you decide to do, just make this ice cream. I’m not even a huge ice cream fan (I must be a serial killer, too), but this was one of those treats that I didn’t want to put down. I licked the spoon and ice cream scoop about 57 times while I shot these photos…at 9am. Then no one in the house wanted ice cream…because it was 9am…so it went back into the freezer for another day or time. But surprisingly enough, I think my husband is a bit over the desserts around here. I’ve been baking up a storm since I’ve been filming so many Reels for instagram, which means we now have blueberry ice cream, peach crisp, blackout cookies, black bean brownies, and s’mores cookies all in one fridge. I would give them to friends because we all fear each other at this point and trust no one, so that’s kind of out of the question. Are we even allowed to donate food these days? Life is so damn weird. I think I’m just going to go listen to one of my true crime podcasts about serial killers during the 1970’s, a much simpler time than 2020.
No-Churn Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese*, at room temperature
- 2 14-ounce cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup crumbled gluten free graham crackers
- Place blueberries, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the blueberries begin to burst and become liquid. Place in a bowl and put in the fridge to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- While the blueberries cool, add cream cheese, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a bowl then add the blueberries and graham crackers. Mix to combined.
- Pour mixture into a 9×5 tall bread pan and place in the freezer overnight or for at least 15 hours, until frozen. Set pan on countertop to defrost for 30 minutes before scooping and serving up!!
*I used Kite Hill almond milk cream cheese
You May Also Like:
Strawberry Swirl Cookie Ice Cream
Sea Salt Caramel Brownie Ice Cream
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!
6 thoughts on “No-Churn Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream”
Any substitute for the maple syrup?
So excited for an ice cream recipe that doesn’t need an ice cream maker! Thank you!
Made this using peaches instead of blueberries and while it hasn’t frozen I want to drink the batter it’s so delicious 😋
This turned out great!! Loved the extra creaminess from the cream cheese. My grocery store was out of GF graham crackers so I made this with GF gingersnaps, so good! Thanks Juli : )
oooooo that sounds just as delicious!