Non-Toxic Beauty Products I’m Loving
One of my goals in 2019 is to become more aware of the products I’m putting on my skin and to begin to work on some of the products I use daily. I’ve found that finding effective non-toxic skincare is a bit challenging, BUT I think makeup has come a long way. So today I wanted to talk through some of the makeup products I recently found on Thrive Market and which items I’m OBSESSED with. And well…the items I wasn’t fan of at all.
With my recent Thrive Market order, I purchased 13 products and I wasn’t a fan of only 3 items, which I think is pretty damn good! I talked about it on a recent podcast, but I want to mention it here as well – When you start looking at what the FDA allows in skincare and makeup products, you’ll begin to notice that cosmetics companies may use almost any ingredient or raw material in their products without government review or approval (FDA 2005). That means you’ll find parabens, sulfates, formaldehyde, and a ton of other ingredients that are known to be harmful to the skin and the body. So damn scary!
But when you go to a store to shop for beauty products, it’s not like they have a non-toxic, clean beauty care isle to look through (yet!). And that means you’re forced to read ingredients labels with 40 ingredients in them which makes it pretty easy to give up and just purchase whatever is in your hands. Luckily Thrive Market does all the ingredient list reading for you! When you log on to Thrive Market , you’ll find the Beauty Tab with products that are cruelty-free, non-toxic, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and phthalate-free. That way you can feel good about the products you are purchasing without all the unknowns! And the best part is that Thrive Market offers many of these items below MSRP!!
Now let’s talk about some of the items I recently found, the good and the bad! First I wanted to talk about the makeup I am OBSESSED with and using daily –
- Eco Lips Brown Sugar Lip Scrub (20% off!) – Ever since being on accutane back in 2014, my lips peel like CRAZY! With the dry weather in Colorado plus the medication, my lips have never been the same. And the only thing that preps them for a pretty lipstick is a lip scrub! This is a great one that uses gluten free, fair trade ingredients.
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Tint Multi-Action Moisturizer with SPF 30 #2, Light – I’m OBSESSED and absolutely in love with this tinted moisturizer. I’ve been pretty hooked on my normal tinted moisturizer so I was hesitant to even give this a go. But now I’m so glad I did! I’ve heard a lot of great things about W3LL PEOPLE and now I understand why. This tinted moisturizer gives amazing hydration, coverage, and looks amazing all day long! I will now be using this daily!
- W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener Invisible Powder – To set my tinted moisturizer, I’ve been using this invisible powder just to keep the tinted moisturizer in place. It sets the skin without making the makeup look heavy, and it only has 5 different ingredients in it!
- Mineral Fusion Espresso Gold Eye Shadow Trio (30% off!) – I’m IN LOVE with this 3-shade eyeshadow palette. These are the three main colors I use anytime I use any palette out there but now it’s in this one little compact palette AND it’s gluten-free, dye and color addictive-free, hypoallergenic, and paraben-free. But the best part is that is stays in place and looks good all day. It’s amazing!
- W3LL PEOPLE Nudist Lip Butter #0 – Natural – I mentioned above that I have some issues with constantly peeling lips and this lip butter is a great alternatives to many different chapsticks out there since it’s non-toxic and paraben-free!
- Mineral Hygienics Love Story Lip Liner (28% off!) – The older I get, the less I like to use bright lipstick. It just doesn’t look that good on me. And because of that, I’ve been looking for more neutral colors that give me a little extra color without making me look like I’m trying to look younger than I am. And this soft pink hue is the perfect color without looking over the top!
- Mineral Fusion Ripe Lipstick Butter (31% off!) – And to go on top of the lip liner, I used this super clean lipstick butter to go on top! It’s great on it’s own or on top of a lipstick, and it keeps the lips super hydrated! I love this because I didn’t feel like it dried my lips out like most lipsticks on the market. And it’s gluten-free, dye and color addictive-free, hypoallergenic, and paraben-free.
Now these are items I’m loving, just not using every single day –
- Andalou Naturals 1000 Roses CC Cream Color + Correct Sheer Nude, SPF 30 (20% off!) – I really love this CC cream, especially since I love all things Andalou creates! The coverage is amazing and it goes smooth throughout. Plus it’s gluten-free, non-GMO, and it’s a women-owned business. LOVE that part about Andalou. The only reason I’m not using it daily is because I prefer a tinted moisturizer to a CC cream.
- Mineral Hygienics Blemish Wonder Concealer (28% off!) – This powder is great for concealing dark circles, blemishes, age spots, rosacia, acne, and other skin conditions, and it won’t accentuate fine lines, wrinkles or pores. I use this whenever I have a blemish that is red or darker in color and it hides it right away!
- No Miss Cosmetics Black Diamond Liquid Eyeliner (47% off!) – I really liked this eyeliner and I will use it whenever I’m out of my other eyeliner. The tip is thin so you can get a really accurate line which is what I want in an eyeliner. Plus it’s non-toxic and fragrance-free!
And these are the products I was not impressed with –
- W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Liquid Eyeliner – I didn’t think the tip was thin enough on this eyeliner and it didn’t go on very smooth.
- W3LL PEOPLE Expressionist Mascara Black – This mascara was recommended by a reader so I had great hopes for it, but I HATED it. If I’m not wearing lashes and just wearing mascara by itself, I want my lashes to look long, full, and thick, and this mascara did none of that. It made my lashes look thin and kind of straggly. I was super disappointed.
- RMS Beauty Defining Mascara, Black – I felt the same exact way about this mascara as well. No fullness, length or volume. This mascara disappointed me, as well.
But loving 10 out of the 13 items I purchased is pretty damn good! Now I can take a step in the right direction when it comes to the tinted moisturizer I’m using daily, eyeshadow I wear whenever I get dressed up, and the lip liner and color I use regularly! I’m definitely not to the point that I’m using all non-toxic skincare brands, but I’m doing pretty good in the makeup department, and I can thank Thrive Market for most of that! And since Thrive Market is where I get some of my favorite food brands and products, now I can just add my makeup to my cart along with everything else, instead of having to go into a store! If you haven’t tried out Thrive Market yet, not only will you get up to 30% off your Thrive Market’s prices, but today you can get an EXTRA 25% off your first order + free 30 day trial! Thrive Market offers so much more than just pantry staples and I’ve loved finding new products each month! Can’t wait to share even more with you guys in the future!
This post is brought to you by Thrive Market. It contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated for this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!