Orange Goat Cheese Whipped Yams
Making these sweet potatoes the other day was very similar to what it’s like making cookie dough. You peel the roasted potatoes, you snack on them. You whip the potatoes, you snack on them. You add in the orange, you snack on them. You add in the goat cheese, you snack on them. You put the sweet potatoes in a bowl, you snack on them. You take a picture of them, you snack on them in between shots. Then you eat the entire bowl while watching Ellen, which can’t be considered snacking. It’s probably considered 4-6 meals. Then you sit in a sweet potato coma. See how this is similar to making cookies? I don’t recommend you trying this. Just trust me here, ok?
Two things have recently made me feel ultra uncomfortable. First off, Lady Gaga’s performance with R. Kelly on Saturday Night Live. I’m not sure if it’s the song, her wig, or the way that R. Kelly does push ups on top of her, but the whole performance made me a bit uneasy. Similar to how Miley Cyrus’s tongue has made me feel every time I see it. Meaning 12 times a day. The second thing that made me feel a bit uneasy is Kanye West’s new music video with Kim Kardashian naked on a bike straddling Kanye. I don’t think Kim being naked riding on top of a very bumpy bike ride was even the weird part. It was that Kanye was wearing a tie dye shirt while Kim was naked. Like, what? I guess who am I to say anything? Maybe I would do the same thing if I was rolling in dolla dolla bills y’all. Probably not. But whatevs. I’m just jealous of their dolla bills.
My auto correct keeps changing dolla to dolls. Get with the times, spell check.
Have you ever seen someone on a commercial and you know that you know them, but you don’t know how? It’s only happened to me once in my life. Yesterday. And it’s annoying the balls out of me. I know that son of a b, but how?? It’s going to drive me crazy for at least the next 6 minutes.
Wait. What was I talking about?
Anywho, once again I figured out why I do not watch the local news. They give you two world news stories then give you a story about people searching for roommates on craigslist for a roommate with benefits. Why is this news worthy? People can search ‘casual encounters’ on craigslist which is pretty much people just looking to get lucky with a complete stranger. At least these people want to live with that stranger and share rent with them. I’m not sure why it’s such a big deal. Or worth putting on the evening news.
Fun Facts Wednesday! Kbye.Print
Orange Goat Cheese Whipped Yams
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 3 large yams or sweet potatoes (~800 grams after roasting and peeling)
- juice of 2 oranges
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese (optional)
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grass fed butter (or bacon fat, lard, coconut oil, etc.)
- 10–12 fresh sage leaves, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in yams with a fork. Wrap in foil. Bake for 45-60 minutes until soft.
- While the yams are roasting, place a small pan over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add sage leaves and cook until they are crispy, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove them with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain. Then crumble the sage leaves.
- Peel the cooked yams and place in a deep bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip until smooth. Add juice from the oranges, maple syrup, goat cheese, salt and crumbled sage leaves. Whip together until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!