I’m really into dried figs right now. They remind me of when I was younger and ate the sh*t out of Fig Newtons. Holy balls those lil’ cookies of happiness really got me going. I could easily eat a whole box of those. Who am I kidding, I could STILL eat a whole box. The seeds give a little crunch to a soft cookie and make life wonderful. People who don’t like Fig Newtons know nothing. But if you don’t like the cookie version….how about the dried fruit version? Stupid good.
Anywho, I’m talking so much about cookies BECAUSE there are literally 9 DOZEN cookies sitting on top of my microwave on the counter. No, they are not paleo. Yes, they are pure sugar and flour. And yes, they make me drool everytime I walk by them. And think about how many times I walk through the kitchen in one day…holy crap…that’s a lot of drooling. Mopping the floor is easy, I guess. Terrible joke. But seriously, these cookies never leave. That’s probably because my roommates are extremely thin and have something called self control. I have self control in the fact that I just make paleo desserts instead. Or consume mass amounts of dried figs. Or pecan coconut butter. Sh*t that stuff is good. Just you wait. JUST YOU WAIT.
You know what’s weird? Old Navy commercials. Really weird.
- 2lb pork roast
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 anaheim chilis, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1 (8oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pull out your crockpot.
- Place your pork roast in the crockpot and place all the veggies around it.
- Pour your green chiles and tomatoes over the pork.
- Toss in all the spices on top.
- Pour your broth in the crockpot.
- Turn your crockpot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Once the time has elapsed, use some tongs to shred your pork and mix all the ingredients together.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
21DSD Entrees / Crockpot / Pork