I’m sitting in blood testing center right now, next to a man who is drawing cartoons of penguins. He’s quite good. Like REALLY good. I wish I appreciated it more, but fasting for the past 12 hours has made me a bit moody. I wish I had art skills. I lack creativity.
Speaking of the lack of creativity, let’s talk about Halloween. I was rainbow bright. Original, I know. I didn’t even know who that was until I googled it. It was a friends costume. Every year I try to think outside the box for my costume. Then I remember that I have a life and don’t have hours of free time to use the hot glue gun and glitter paint on a costume I will wear once. At least other people were super creative. I think I only saw 23 angry bird costumes and 17 black swan outfits. Way to think outside the box people. Way.to.go.
So let’s recap. I drank alcohol on Saturday. Alcohol is stupid. It makes me fall on the dancefloor, leave Laura at a party I invited her to, and wake up in her bed. Not fully clothed. Side ponytail still rockin. I’m sure she was thrilled about that. Waking up the next morning with a fuzzy sweater on my teeth is not exactly a good start to my Sunday morning. Alcohol is stupid.
At least Sunday was productive. And when I say productive, I mean I watched 3 movies with Laura while ingesting food I haven’t eaten in a LONG time. These items included chex mix, peanut m&ms, halloween cookies, and tortilla chips. Maybe it was because I was still drunk or maybe my body just wanted it. Either way, it felt right. I didn’t get sick nor do I have a problem using the bathroom today. Ya my love handles are probably a bit cuter today, but I don’t mind. But to make sure my love handles were looking extra adorable this week, I made some pumpkin waffles to top off the day. Pumpkin waffles when hungover with a fuzzy blanket on your teeth are always a good idea. These waffles made me miss Dom. Remember how he got me the best waffle iron ever post Regionals so I could stuff my face with food that holds the syrup in small crevices? Gosh, he’s the best. This recipe made about 5 waffles….I ate them all. In one sitting.Print
Paleo Pumpkin Waffles
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat up your waffle iron!! If you don’t have a waffle iron, you need to go buy one, or just make pancakes instead.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and pumpkin and mix together. Add a bit more coconut milk, if needed. The batter should be runny but still have a bit of girth to it. Ew, I just said girth.
- Ladle into your waffle maker. Be careful, they expand a bit so they will be pour over if you get ladle happy.
- Cook until done. Mine took about 3-4 minutes, I’d say.
- Add a crap ton of maple syrup on top and/or coconut butter or regular butter.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!