I’m sitting in blood testing center right now, next to a man who is drawing cartoons of penguins. He’s quite good. Like REALLY good. I wish I appreciated it more, but fasting for the past 12 hours has made me a bit moody. I wish I had art skills. I lack creativity.
Speaking of the lack of creativity, let’s talk about Halloween. I was rainbow bright. Original, I know. I didn’t even know who that was until I googled it. It was a friends costume. Every year I try to think outside the box for my costume. Then I remember that I have a life and don’t have hours of free time to use the hot glue gun and glitter paint on a costume I will wear once. At least other people were super creative. I think I only saw 23 angry bird costumes and 17 black swan outfits. Way to think outside the box people. Way.to.go.
So let’s recap. I drank alcohol on Saturday. Alcohol is stupid. It makes me fall on the dancefloor, leave Laura at a party I invited her to, and wake up in her bed. Not fully clothed. Side ponytail still rockin. I’m sure she was thrilled about that. Waking up the next morning with a fuzzy sweater on my teeth is not exactly a good start to my Sunday morning. Alcohol is stupid.
At least Sunday was productive. And when I say productive, I mean I watched 3 movies with Laura while ingesting food I haven’t eaten in a LONG time. These items included chex mix, peanut m&ms, halloween cookies, and tortilla chips. Maybe it was because I was still drunk or maybe my body just wanted it. Either way, it felt right. I didn’t get sick nor do I have a problem using the bathroom today. Ya my love handles are probably a bit cuter today, but I don’t mind. But to make sure my love handles were looking extra adorable this week, I made some pumpkin waffles to top off the day. Pumpkin waffles when hungover with a fuzzy blanket on your teeth are always a good idea. These waffles made me miss Dom. Remember how he got me the best waffle iron ever post Regionals so I could stuff my face with food that holds the syrup in small crevices? Gosh, he’s the best. This recipe made about 5 waffles….I ate them all. In one sitting.
- Heat up your waffle iron!! If you don't have a waffle iron, you need to go buy one, or just make pancakes instead.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and pumpkin and mix together. Add a bit more coconut milk, if needed. The batter should be runny but still have a bit of girth to it. Ew, I just said girth.
- Ladle into your waffle maker. Be careful, they expand a bit so they will be pour over if you get ladle happy.
- Cook until done. Mine took about 3-4 minutes, I'd say.
- Add a crap ton of maple syrup on top and/or coconut butter or regular butter.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Treats