I’ve been craving cobbler lately. I’ve been dreaming about blackberry cobbler, blueberry cobbler, and really any cobbler I can come up with. And since I happened upon a bunch of peaches recently, I decided to make you a peach cobbler just in time for the 4th of July! Just a little heads up on this recipe – usually when I create recipes with caramel, I make my own since most caramel on the market is filled with weird ingredients. But I recently found this caramel sauce that’s made from only goat’s milk, pure cane sugar, Cold Hollow Vermont Pure Maple Syrup, and baking soda. So I’ve been purchasing this instead of making my own and it’s saved so much time! But if you don’t want to save on time, you can make my completely dairy-free Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce in Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook instead!
Oh BTW, happy 4th of July!! I honestly keep forgetting it’s a holiday. I leave for the Bahamas next week so that means today is all about working instead of hanging out with friends. I’m trying to get a bunch of recipes done for you guys since my wifi will be pretty limited soon. Any requests? I’ve been super obsessed with bowls lately. I’m thinking about a buddha bowl, fish taco bowl, and some sort of breakfast bowl. But I’d love to hear from you and what you’ve been craving lately! Something sweet? Savory? Tell me what you want and I’ll try to make it happen!
Here’s an idea – maybe I’ll make vegetarian chicken and waffles. I had that at City o City yesterday and now I’m kind of obsessed. They make theirs with extra crispy cauliflower instead of chicken and I LOVE it. I never loved real chicken and waffles because chicken grosses me out sometimes, but I’m all about crispy cauliflower. I’m obviously not vegetarian but that meal made me a bit more interested in cutting out the meat a couple days a week. Would you be interested in more vegetarian recipes? I’m obviously looking for all kinds of feedback today, which is probably a dumb idea since it’s a holiday about about .5% of people will be reading this. Speaking of, it’s time for me to head to the gym to kick this holiday off in the best way possible!! Have an amazing day!!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- 5 peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the cobbler topping
- 1 cup canned coconut milk*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 2 tablespoons maple or coconut sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cubed (you can also use ghee or coconut oil)
- coconut milk ice cream
- extra caramel sauce
- mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish (around 9×13).
- Place 1 cup of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup, mix together to combined and set aside.
- Add sliced peaches to the greased baking dish along with the caramel, lemon juice, cinnamon, walnuts and pecans, then toss to coat.
- Whisk together cassava flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Then add cold butter (or ghee or coconut oil) and use a fork to break up the butter into the flour mixture. Once combined, pour in the coconut milk and use the fork to mix the ingredients together without overworking the ingredients. If batter seems a little dry (it will depend on the moisture in the air that day), add a bit more coconut milk.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter and place on top of the peaches throughout the baking dish.
- Place in oven to bake for 30-35 minutes until biscuits have slightly browned.
- Top cobbler with coconut milk ice cream, extra caramel sauce, add mint leaves.
More Fruit Inspired Desserts:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!