Pecan Coconut Butter
I won’t be here for a couple days. I’m leaving the Denver area and heading to good ole’ Dallas, Texas. On Christmas Day. Oh lord. Traveling kind of blows anyways….but on Christmas Day? When I should be in my bed, wrapped up like corn dog, drinking a heavy whip americano in bed that was just served to me by my true love?! That was totally unrealistic. I’ve never felt like a corn dog in bed.
Anywho, I’m not sure how much I’m going to get to cook out there. Ya see, my grandparents LOVE to feed me. We are a family that loves to eat and my Granny will always see that there is some kind of food available at all hours. And by food, I mean chocolate. I swear, every time I make it out to my grandparents house, I am bombarded with chocolate AND candied nuts. And when I say bombarded, I mean I actually sought out the treats…they’re everywhere. In a basket next to the love seat, in kitchen drawers, on the counter, on the kitchen table…..ev.ver.ree.where. Yes, sound it out how it’s spelled. You’re a quick one.
And the last time my grandparents saw my first tattoo, my Granny slapped me. No, not a cruel ‘I will never speak to you again’ slap, but a ‘you’re an idiot so I’m going to laugh the situation off’ slap. She’s kind, but she don’t take no sh*t. We’ll see what they think of my second tattoo…it’s much bigger…and of a girl lifting…on my side….I can already see their uncomfortable ‘what the sh*t’ smiles now. Oh, I love my grandparents. Cute people they are.
So this pecan coconut butter is pretty rad, I’m not going to lie. Last night it pretty much saved my life when I was staring at 2 plates of 9 dozen cookies. It almost got reallll ugly in that kitchen of mine. There were buckeyes, cookies and cream truffles, SNICKERS BAR FILLED COOKIES, sugar cookies, frosted cookies, date cookies….I mean, I wasn’t really looking that hard. But instead of sampling every single one, I snacked on chicken and this jar of fun. This stuff is delicious…and filling. Eating 1/2 a jar is just not always the best idea. But I still recommend it. Happiness will ensue.Print
Pecan Coconut Butter
- Grab your handy dandy food processor!! Don’t have one? You’re dumb. CHRISTMAS PRESENT IDEA!!
- Throw in your coconut flakes and turn your food processor on for 3-5 minutes or until coconut flakes and pulsed down and you have a creamy coconut butter. Sometimes the flakes are just a little different and you’ll get more of a chunky butter so either try pulsing it for a bit longer or don’t worry about it too much, you will be adding lots more stuff so it’s not a huge deal.
- Add in your pecans and turn your food processor back on until pecans are completely pulsed down.
- Now while your food processor is running, start slowly adding your oil until it is to your preferred consistency. I like mine a bit more chunky than totally oily but it’s up to you.
- Now while the food processor is STILL running, add your vanilla, salt and honey to it as well.
- Mix until well combined. Add a bit more oil if needed.
- Eat. I eat mine with a spoon but you can always eat it with fruit if need be.
*Store in refrigerator. Your pecan coconut butter will harden up (just like coconut oil does) so if you want it softer, put in microwave for a little to soften it up.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!