Well good morning sunshine! So nice to see you.
There is construction in my neighborhood and my car alarm keeps chirping as the trucks roll by. Now that’s one badass alarm system. Or annoying one, depends how you look at it.
I did exactly what I wanted to do this weekend. I drank. I ate good food. I worked out. And I slept. Pretty damn good weekend. I intended to drink vodka sodas and bloody marys, eat some delicious food, and I absolutely did both of those things. A bit too much of both. The drinking only occurred one of the nights…and day. But people think it’s weird when you order a bloody mary at night, I would know. So I choked back some vodka shots with Laura and before I knew it, I was ready to go home. Shots really catch up to me in my old age of 24. It’s weird. In college, I would take millions of shots before I left for the bars, then just dance on the bar the entire night. But now that I’m an adult and have to have adult conversations while standing on two feet, I can actually feel the alcohol making me sway in all directions. When you’re dancing to Beyonce, it’s pretty easy to not understand how drunk you are. But when you’re in a bar that has quiet music, calm humans, it’s pretty easy to figure out you’re too drunk. Long story short, it was an early night. Reason #12: why I suck as a girlfriend. I’m working on it.
Funny how different last year was compared to this year. Last year around this time, the CrossFit Open was starting and I was freaking out. I was doing a balls ton of workouts, heavy workouts, and crying regularly as I attempted to get better at muscle ups. Funny how things change….
Ugh. I’m signed up for the CrossFit Open. I don’t want to be, I really don’t. But I want to support CrossFit Broadway and get points for the team. But I DO NOT want yet another thing telling me how much I suck at CrossFit nowadays. I already know. I see it daily on the board, I feel it daily in my workouts, and I can tell with the looks I get. Thankfully, I’ve finally gotten past feeling like I’m letting people down. I’m finally at a happy place again. I’m not constantly stressing out about what I can’t eat or drink, or stressing about getting multiple workouts in, or stressing about getting stronger. Now I have the time to think about other stuff. Like an outfit I want to wear. Or the next recipe I want to try to create for my second cookbook.
Was anyone else as confused as I was while watching ‘Tron’? I literally didn’t know what was happening the entire time. So.Many.Neon.Lines.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (I used coffee grounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the french toast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place banana, pumpkin puree, sunflower seed butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla extract, and eggs in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Then add the coconut flour, instant coffee, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and pinch of salt. Puree once more until completely combine.
- Scoop or pour ingredients evenly into 6-8 lined muffin tins* (I used silicone liners, but you could also use paper liners).
- Place in oven to cook for 20-23 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Once muffins are done cooking, either eat them as muffins OR let them cool to use as french toast rounds.
- When muffins have cooled, cut each muffin in half, widthwise.
- Mix together french toast ingredients.
- Heat up a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a bit of coconut oil to the pan and then drench each french toast round in the french toast ingredients on both sides.
- Then place directly into the hot pan and cook on both sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Once french toast rounds have cooked on both sides, top with sliced bananas and delicious maple syrup. OMG.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Fruit