Oh no I didn’t. No I did not just combine pumpkin and granola AND paleo all into one bowl. OH WAIT, yes I did!! This is one of the happiest moments of my life. I’m not even eating nuts (since I’m slightly allergic) and I still tried this out. Totally worth it. I’ll be sick later, but thankfully I’m single and alone. KIDDING. Laura and Sarah get to hang out with me. JOKES ON THEM!!
Why am I yelling so much?
I’m in an effing good mood. I feel like I just drank 3 Red Bulls. Chugged 3 Red Bulls. My fingers can’t type as fast as my mind is going. This is exactly why I don’t feel the need to do drugs. It’s like I’m on them all the time.
So fall is in the air here in CO. It went from 85 degrees one day to 50 degrees the next. I guessed both of those numbers, but I’m pretty sure I’m right. Because I always am. I’m an only child remember? Anywho, the weather is dull and chilly. The pumpkin spice lattes are out at Starbucks. And CO drivers are freaking the sh*t out. It rained a bit yesterday. Not even a lot, just a bit. And people still seemed to crap themselves while on the road. It’s common sense people. The roads are wet, therefore slick, therefore your car doesn’t stop as quickly as usual. The seasons change every year here in CO. Get with the program.
Speaking of rain, my little red car is the shiniest it’s been in probably 4 months. Digging it. It’s like I have a brand new car, though she doesn’t act like it. My little red machine doesn’t exactly like temperature change. Since it’s cooling down, that means rolling down my windows is out of the question. Because they won’t roll back up. Then I’m stuck driving in a blizzard, stay hydrated at least. Try taking a date out in that car. They don’t love it. Trust me.
OMG guess what? I snatched for the first time in 5 weeks today. AND did burpees. AND it didn’t hurt. Injuries suck balls. And make JB unhappy. I may be in the best mood since I ate this pumpkin granola. Which was this morning. I don’t get in bad moods very often. goodstorykbye!
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 8-10 dried dates, pits removed, then chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and all spices. Mix well.
- Then add your nuts, seeds, and dates and mix well with your wet ingredients.
- Place parchment paper on a large baking sheet and pour your granola mixture on top. Use a spoon to spread out the mixture evenly so everything will cook at the same time.
- Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, moving the granola around half way through to be sure it doesn't burn.
- LET COOL. Letting the granola cool will help it harden up, and that's what you want from granola. Duh.
- Eat all by itself or top it off with coconut milk, almond milk, or even dairy milk (if you do that).
- Enjoy the paleo life. It's beautiful.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Breakfast / Treats