SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL!
Soft Baked Gingerbread Cookies
Cookie season is in full swing around here. You know how I know this? My instagram is littered with adorable cookies, cut out in Christmas trees, cute lil reindeer with red noses, and little peanut butter blossoms that you know taste like heaven. If I have one thing this season, let it be a peanut butter blossom. But here’s the thing – I don’t want to make it. If I want some type of special food in this house, I normally have to make it because I can’t exactly rely on my husband to follow a recipe (no offense husband who doesn’t read this). But having someone cook for you or make you a special treat just tastes so much freaking better than your own…that is if they know what they are doing and they actually care. I want someone who knows what they are doing, who actually cares, and who really wants to change lives with their peanut butter blossoms to show up at my doorstep this season with a freshly baked batch. Is that too much to ask?!
Since that will obviously not be happening this year or any year, I guess I’ll just put that hope and dream to the side for now. But get this – I recently had another astrology reading where she, yet again, confirmed I will be having a daughter in the future. Maybe I can rely on that child to make me peanut butter blossoms someday. Dream big, people, dream big. Are you kind of disappointed this recipe isn’t peanut butter blossoms since I’ve said those three words at least 47 times by now? Yeah, me too. But here’s the thing, I made you something quite delicious. It’s not paleo, but it’s gluten free and it will make you feel like you’re swimming in the holidays. It’s like taking a bite of Christmas, or whatever holiday you celebrate. You know what these cookies would be divine with? Coffee. They would be STUPID GOOD dipped in some coffee. Along with a peanut butter blossom.
Soft Baked Gingerbread Cookies
- Author: juli
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- 1/2 cup softened butter or ghee
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- Add softened butter, coconut sugar, molasses, and vanilla to a stand mixer and cream together until smooth. Then add egg and cream together once more. Add the spices and salt and mix together until combined. Lastly, add the baking soda and gluten free flour 1/4 cup at a time until completely mixed in the mixer. Place the bowl in the fridge to cool for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a cooking scoop to scoop out each cookie. Roll between hands into a ball, place on the baking sheet, then use a flat surface like the bottom of a glass to press down slightly on each cookie. Batter will make around 24 cookies so you will need to use 2 baking sheets or cook 1 dozen first and the 2nd dozen after.
- Place baking sheet into the oven to bake for 15 minutes, until cookies have puffed a bit and are still soft in the inside. Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Eat up!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!