Strawberry Jam Bars
Summer is here which means summer fruit is FRESH! Time to head to the farmer’s market, pick up some fresh strawberries, and make these delightful bars for your backyard BBQ! These are the perfect snack bar that combine a shortbread cookie style crust and a delightful crumb topping. I like the store mine in the fridge so they are cold when it’s hot AF outside. Enjoy!
Today is a GOOD day. A realllll good day. Because we are currently on a flight to Cabo to celebrate our last trip together before our little girl joins us come July! I told Brian that we need to enjoy this easy airport and flight experience that include no strollers or car seats or kid snacks or games and toys to keep her entertained on a flight. Travel is much different when you’re also trying to maneuver life with a new baby. But our goal is to keep our travel up, even with a new babe in tow. And luckily, my mother-in-law loves the same kind of vacations that we do and said she would be our babysitter on our trips, so that’s a huge win! But I wanted to get in one last trip, just the two of us, since I’m not sure when we will plan a trip like that again once she is here. It’s time to soak up 5 full days, just the two of us, at a beautiful hotel, watching and listening to the waves every morning. It’s time to check out and soak it all up.
It’s officially GO TIME since we are in the final two months(ish) before we greet our little girl and I go on maternity leave!! Since I work for myself, I’m the only one who can create the maternity leave, which means I’ve been working my little bum off to try to come up with as much content as possible for you! I just finished my Glow Pregnancy Program (which will launch early June), just hired a new trainer to create her very own unique strength/HIIT program for the PaleOMG community (currently in the process of hiring new trainers and wellness professionals to help you live your best life) which will launch in July, I’m recording 4 YouTube videos per week since 2 are launching every week now (have you checked out my YouTube channel yet!? I’ve launched 6 new videos so far with many more to come!), and I’m coming up with new instagram reels, recipes, and blog posts! I have no idea when things are going to get pretty challenging at the end of the third trimester so I’m trying to get as much done as I can while my body is still going. My goal is to take 12 weeks off, unless I feel like working earlier, so I can just concentrate on our nugget and helping her thrive! It’s going to be a good year. But first, off to Cabo we go!!
Strawberry Jam Bars
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted ghee or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
For the fruit layer
- 16oz fresh strawberries, sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the crumble topping
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats*
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the frosting
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1–2 teaspoons milk (almond, coconut, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 glass baking dish with parchment paper and grease.
- Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combine. The dough should mix into a slight ball once combined. Put dough in a pan and use your fingers to press dough around evenly throughout the pan.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, add all the ingredients for the fruit layer and cook for about 10 minutes, tossing every minute or so to keep the strawberries from sticking to the bottom. Once the mixture becomes more liquid, similar to jam, remove from heat and let cool slightly. Once slightly cool, pour strawberry jam mixture on top of the crust.
- Lastly, add all the ingredients for the toppings to the food processor and pulse until broken down into a crumble texture that sticks together in a slight ball. Use your fingers to spread out the crisp mixture evenly throughout the dish on top of the strawberries.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, until slightly golden on top. Let cool completely before removing from pan. Whisk together the frosting ingredients then use a spoon to pour it on top. Then slice into 16 bars before serving!
What I Used To Make This Recipe:
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!