Thai Basil Beef
You did it. You made it through Valentine’s Day. Whether you were single out there in the wilderness of love or tied down to your lover, you made it though! I’m excited that this year all we did was eat dessert. I surprised my husband with a dessert and he surprised me with one. So what did we do?! I ate two desserts and he drank whiskey, all while watching The Office. It was quite lovely. That show truly never gets old.
We kind of celebrate Valentine’s Day early this year by FINALLY get married at the court house. Took us a while since we got married in April last year. But we had sh*t going on! So we finally made the time, my husband took off work early for once, we took the 9 minutes it takes to get married and sign the paperwork, then we went day drinking around Denver and hung out on patios since it ended up being 83 degrees that day! Insane! So I started off with a vodka cherry lemonade, then a gin coconut lime drink, then ended the night with a vodka blood orange drink. I rarely have that many cocktails in one night, but luckily we had a huge dinner at our favorite steak house, followed by an amazing dessert, then we ended up walking to another bar which was a 20 minute walk, so I walked off most of my alcohol. Boom – no Saturday hangover.
So here’s the thing. My name is already changed on my Social Security, I just haven’t changed it on my license. And I literally JUST booked our flights to Costa Rica for our one year anniversary with my old license name since I haven’t gone in to the DMV yet. And now I’m stuck with what to do. Do I go change my name on my license and go get a new passport and have to call in to change the name on all my flights AND deal with the name change to my TSA pre-check, all before we go to CR. OR do I wait until after that trip? I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to change my names on some of the airlines here, but we are flying a Costa Rican airline when we get to San Jose, and I feel like that may be more challenging to maneuver. What to do…what to do. I know my husband is excited for me to change my name, but he doesn’t have to do jack sh*t. The bastard.
But anywho, what are you up to this weekend?! It’s suppose to be in the 60’s here so I’m thinking lots of walks with the pup, pulling out some gift cards so we actually use one for once (I swear, we have about 20 at the moment) and go to Comedy Works to see a comedian. Yep, that sounds about perfect. Kloveyoubyeeeeee!
Thai Basil Beef
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- 1 pound grass-fed beef, thinly sliced against the grain (I used flap meat, but you could also use hanger steak or flank steak)
- 2+ tablespoons ghee
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (do not try to sub with liquid aminos)
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup packed thai basil leaves
- cilantro, for garnish
- Place a large saute pan ove medium-high heat, add ghee. Once pan is very hot, space out some of the meat in the pan making sure not to crowd it, and sear until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side depending on the thickness. It’s very important not to crowd the pan here because you want to get a crispy crust on the meat. Once meat is browned, set aside and continue with the rest of the meat until it is all cooked.
- Add a little more ghee to the pan then add the bell pepper, onion and garlic and saute until peppers are soft and onions are translucent, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut aminos, fish sauce and honey to the pan with the pepper and onions and let cook down over a high heat for about 5-8 minutes. Once slightly reduced, add the beef back to the pan along with the thai basil leaves and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until basil is soft and wilted.
- Garnish with cilantro on top!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!