Thanksgiving Caramel Apple Pie Trifles
Honestly, making a real pie is too time consuming for me. Especially on a holiday. You expect me to make a paleo crust, then the filling, then make it look all pretty, then bake it, then slice it and hope people like it…while I’m most likely tipsy? No thank you. So I’m always looking for ways to enjoy the holiday flavor without the holiday work. Call me lazy. Because that would be correct. This dessert shows my laziness perfectly. Instead of baking a pie, I’ve dissected it into a jar dessert. Which you could top with ice cream. Because that would be the smart thing to do. Be sure to check the bottom of the post for my other lazy holiday desserts!
Are you obsessed with flossing like I am? I think it’s becoming an OCD behavior. As soon as I’m done eating, I want to floss my teeth. Day, afternoon, evening, bedtime. I love it. It’s almost like washing your hands. It just makes you feel clean. And since I don’t go to school anymore or don’t live with my parents, I have no one to try to impress. When my fiancé comes home from work and I tell him I killed it with flossing my teeth today, he’s not impressed. Or proud. Honestly I think he blocks me out because why the hell would he care about that. But when I go to the dentist and he pats me on the back for how well I’ve done with flossing my teeth, reminding me of the few times I got a gold star growing up. That reminds me, I need to book a dentist appointment. Mostly in hopes for my dentist giving me an A+. Make me feel good, doc. Tell me you love me.
Things just got weird.
How early are you suppose to take a wedding dress to a tailor? If our wedding is in April, should I be getting on that, or do I have some time? I’m getting a little anxious for the wedding now that the book tour is over and I have more free time. I’m also anxious for Thanksgiving though, so I think I may just be an anxious person. Yeah, I definitely am. There is just nothing to plan for a destination wedding so all I have to do is sit behind a computer and order bikinis and coverups for the next 6 months until the wedding is here. That’s A LOT of time for buying swimsuits.
Thanksgiving Caramel Apple Pie Trifles
- Yield: 4-5 half pint jars 1x
- 1 batch Almond Butter Blondies (with chocolate chips removed and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon added)
- 1 batch of Apple Cider Caramel
- 1 batch of coconut whipped cream
- 1 batch of Cinnamon Candied Pecans(optional or use chopped nuts)
- 2–3 tablespoons Tin Star Ghee
- 3 apples, cored and diced (I used pink lady)
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Make blondies, caramel, whipped cream and candied pecans. All of these things can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container so assembling them the day of Thanksgiving is easy.
- Place a large saute pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add ghee and diced apples. Once apples begin to soften, about 5 minutes, add sugar, syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss to coat. Cook for another 5 minutes and before they are done cooking, add a pinch of salt to cut some of the sweetness. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Now layer the jars:* cut the almond butter blondies into small bite size squares and scatter across the bottom, then layer with apples, chopped candied pecans, and whipped cream. Continue until jar is full. Continue with other jars then serve immediately.
*Be sure to assemble these right before you serve them because the blondies will get soggy if they just sit for days.
**The prep time includes making the almond butter blondies, caramel, whipped cream and candied pecans all ahead of time. It may not actually take this long especially if you are making them at the same time, but I lengthened it out just in case so you wouldn’t be surprised when making this.
Jars To Make The Perfect Trifle (click picture for link):
Not a regular Thanksgiving pie fan? I got you!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!