White Chicken Chili
I LOVE me some white chicken chili. But the only problem is that it’s LOADED with fat. And believe me, I’m not scared of fat by any means. But since I’ve been incorporating more beans into my diet and reducing my fat along with it to clear my acne, I’ve had amazing results so I’m sticking with that game plan. If you haven’t had white chicken chili before, it not only has heavy cream in it, but it also has a good chunk of cream cheese. So today I thought I would calm things down a bit and go with a slightly cleaner version of white chicken chili. One that doesn’t feel like a bomb went off in your gut. One that you can eat day after day, as a normal meal instead of an indulgent meal.
But also, if you’re thinking SCREW YOU JULI (which is something I seem to be hearing a lot lately), I WANT MY GODDAMN CREAM CHEESE SOUP, go get after. Add that cream cheese and live your best goddamn life. I support you and your cream cheese anger.
But just FYI, my husband just tasted the soup and said, “Damn. That’s fucking goooood.” So maybe just try the recipe as is. Trust me, for once.
Speaking of trust, since I trust absolutely no one, I’m thinking about getting my windows tinted on my car. I just got a Tesla and it’s officially the best purchase of me life. It’s like driving a spaceship…or a iphone. The car is smarter than us and I can’t wait until no one of us drive anymore and our cars just do it for us. I don’t think many people will like that simply based off humans HATING change, but I’m here for it. The Tesla already has the autopilot mode which is pretty much the car driving itself, so we are getting there. Now we just need all other car manufacturers to get on board. How do you feel about your car driving you? Yes, there is a chance that it could take over and your life could become a scene out of I, Robot, but I guess that is the chance we take with our world beginning to change. My point is, I need tinted windows so I can block out the angry people on the road. I’m a very happy driver these days and don’t get mad when someone is an idiot, but seeing the angry drivers out there gives me anxiety. I need to block it. Got any good Denver window tinters? Send them my way!
White Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- 6 chicken thighs, skin-on and bone-in
- 1 teaspoon taco seasonings
- 16oz frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending how spicy you like things)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 32oz chicken bone broth
- 1 cup diced green chiles (mild or medium spice)
- 14oz can of great northern beans, navy beans, or cannellini beans (omit for paleo recipe), drained and rinse
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 grain-free tortillas, sliced
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- sour cream or coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Pat chicken thighs dry and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt then sprinkle 1 teaspoon of taco seasonings throughout the 6 chicken thighs. Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets in a steamer basket then place in a pot with 1-2 inches of water. Cover and place on the stovetop over medium heat to steam for 10-15 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork tender.
- While the cauliflower is steams, place a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, and peppers, and cook for 10 minutes until soft. Add garlic cloves and cook for 3 more minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low then add salt, cumin, dried oregano, chili powder, and cayenne powder, then mix to combined. Cook for 2 more minutes and then add the bone broth and green chiles.
- Once the cauliflower is done steaming, place it in a high speed blender and blend until silky smooth. This will take a bit of scraping down the sides and patience to get it smooth. Then add it to the broth mixture and stir to combined.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, use a fork to shred it from the bone then place it in the pot along with the beans and cream. Mix to combined and cover.
- Last but not least, place a small sauté pan over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of avocado oil. Slice the tortillas into strips. Once the oil is hot, add the tortilla strips in one layer to help cook evenly. Cook on 1 minute per side then remove and place on a paper towel to soak up the excess fat. Sprinkle with salt for flavor.
- Now all you have to do is build your white chicken chili – bowl, chili, tortilla strip, jalapeño slices, avocado slices, sour cream, and cilantro on top! Eat up, buttercup!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
This post contains some affiliate links and I may be compensated, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for all your support!
Oh, Hi! I’m Juli.
DON’T MISS A BITE
discounts, and stories straight to your inbox for FREE!